Waterproofs,,,road Workers ,,,council Lads,,,,gaz?

I wear a bib and brace . . . . genius!

Farleys rusks, and a 2 handled plastic milk bottle

Haha. . . .

But seriously they are awesome.

Bib and brace, good wellies, lots of thermals and a ridge line smock, with a beanie and buff. . . . and thick waterproof gloves.

You can pretty much just see my eyes. . . . and sometimes I whack skiing googles over them to.

As you can tell. . . . i'm fed up of getting wet!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

18 stone is just playing at it....

Yea a duck's back ..... Lol

Genuine British army gortex will keep you dry mate .......

If you do not want the rain to get in, you will not get better than Guy Cottens, 100% waterproof. But if you doing heavy work you will sweat like a pig. A pair of bib and brace and a smock and you will be dry in any rain.

http://www.guycotten.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=32

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 1

Farleys rusks, and a 2 handled plastic milk bottle

Haha. . . .

But seriously they are awesome.

Bib and brace, good wellies, lots of thermals and a ridge line smock, with a beanie and buff. . . . and thick waterproof gloves.

You can pretty much just see my eyes. . . . and sometimes I whack skiing googles over them to.

As you can tell. . . . i'm fed up of getting wet!

Jesus H Christ man, where the feck are you the himalayas ?
  • Like 2

But what make?
That Guycotton stuff. There is bib n braces there and it is bloody good gear. (Think The Deadliest Catch programme!)

If i was you though, i'd go for the British Army Gortex gear that Socks recommended. Make sure you buy genuine and make sure you buy new. ;)

I've prob been few more water proofs then I care too tell and the ones the fishing boys wear are completely waterproof unless your swimming but they will make you sweat your ass off Iam going too be given these a try next year from a friend recommend. Them too me http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-clothing/waterproof-clothing/brand-new-german-military-flecktarn-994187.html?gclid=CObsjefatcsCFbYW0wodT00PMw

I got a set of army gortex and cycle to work in it. Yesterday I had a high vis waste coat on, then gortex army coat then a cycling jacket and my jumper still had a little damp patch but nothing to worry about and it was lashing down in the morning with driving wind

Bout as good as its going to get i reckon

I've prob been few more water proofs then I care too tell and the ones the fishing boys wear are completely waterproof unless your swimming but they will make you sweat your ass off Iam going too be given these a try next year from a friend recommend. Them too me http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-clothing/waterproof-clothing/brand-new-german-military-flecktarn-994187.html?gclid=CObsjefatcsCFbYW0wodT00PMw

They've only got them in bloater size though, and I hear Tomo is on the carrot juice and celery diet

They've only got them in bloater size though, and I hear Tomo is on the carrot juice and celery diet
if he can't fit in them there is no hope I can fit in myne and Iam close too 18 stone these days

Only just seen this Tomo.

What we get issued for daily use is pretty poor mate. Splash resistant at best.

We do have wet weather gear but it's a horrible plastic material and you sweat so bad in them that you are wet on the inside anyway. So nobody bothers.

I've restored to wearing military DPM trousers now, I've accepted getting wet but they aren't too heavy when wet and dry out fairly quick.

Be good to hear other suggestions though.

I currently wear a British army goretex dpm jacket for lamping which I had gifted to me off a good bloke on here.

It is lightweight, don't sweat too much and keeps all rain out.

Might be worth looking for matching trousers.