Doberman V Mountain Lion.

Go to solution Solved by General lee,

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be the only person seeing that then. Cat overpowered it easy, chain or no chain. And to think some argue about pitbulls could take even bigger cats.....nonsense..?

" could take " would be a silly presumption to make and im not about to get into a silly win/lose scenario.........but it would be common sense to assume that in a fight with a wild animal a purpose b

You must have watched a different video to me ... That cat had that dog by the throat in seconds and was choking it out ... When the cat let go the dog was staggering all over the place and didn't kno

At the end of the day a dog no matter what breed has got one mouth which means one weapon ... A big cat has a mouth and four sets of claws ... They are faster and more subtle than a dog which is going to make them a much more formidable opponent .......

true ken :thumbs: , only 2 breeds (might) have done better is a Boerbol or kangal , in S/A boerbol bred as guards to fight off leopards , that get to close to houses , boerbols go from 100-180lb very powerful dogs, a lad got one by me. it bitch pup like a feckin little tank now , even at 16 weeks old . :yes: even the bitches at 120 lb would be a handful for any puma cat size.!! never mind the big males boerbols

got many leopards in staffs then.?

At the end of the day a dog no matter what breed has got one mouth which means one weapon ... A big cat has a mouth and four sets of claws ... They are faster and more subtle than a dog which is going to make them a much more formidable opponent .......

true ken :thumbs: , only 2 breeds (might) have done better is a Boerbol or kangal , in S/A boerbol bred as guards to fight off leopards , that get to close to houses , boerbols go from 100-180lb very powerful dogs, a lad got one by me. it bitch pup like a feckin little tank now , even at 16 weeks old . :yes: even the bitches at 120 lb would be a handful for any puma cat size.!! never mind the big males boerbols

got many leopards in staffs then.?

lol, the bloke got it as guard dog for when its older, the breed were bred as said to face big wild cats in S/A , as far as i know this breed was bred for this job, to tackle man+ beast , other breeds rotties, gsd etc were bred to do other things ,not just as guards like boerbol are. i think any dog would struggle if a 12 st puma got hold of it :yes: , maybe the boerbol might have chance, and a slim one, just because of its size+ power and its temp, but its a slim one :yes:

Doberman looks un harmed to me...hard to see maybe it had a hold of its own...them Dogo's in Argentina are capable of dealing with pumas

Have a loom at the ground where they wrestle before and after. There is a fair amount of new staining after the cat runs and the dog gets up. Either blood and or piss both from the dobe.

A cat is a hunter not a fighter and even if it is capable of killing a pit bull or boerbell it wouldn't because a dog like that wouldn't quit and as soon as the cat realised this and it was taking more punishment than the meal was worth it would show its true colours and quit the fight a cat of any size is still a cat and cats are cowards dogs certain dogs are not

• Like 3

A cat is a hunter not a fighter and even if it is capable of killing a pit bull or boerbell it wouldn't because a dog like that wouldn't quit and as soon as the cat realised this and it was taking more punishment than the meal was worth it would show its true colours and quit the fight a cat of any size is still a cat and cats are cowards dogs certain dogs are not

Do pit bulls not quit then and boerboels are just mastiffs not gamedogs

You must be the only person seeing that then. Cat overpowered it easy, chain or no chain.

And to think some argue about pitbulls could take even bigger cats.....nonsense..

" could take " would be a silly presumption to make and im not about to get into a silly win/lose scenario.........but it would be common sense to assume that in a fight with a wild animal a purpose bred fighting dog would be more capable than a pet/guard dog................similarly to how it would be safe to assume that a pro boxer would be able to deal with a bigger heavier opponent in a street attack better than a night security officer could.

And I'd certainly put the modern doberman in the 'pet' rather than guard category.

One had a go at my old terrier a few years ago,it looked a bit like that video.

Doberman looks un harmed to me...hard to see maybe it had a hold of its own...them Dogo's in Argentina are capable of dealing with pumas

Have a loom at the ground where they wrestle before and after. There is a fair amount of new staining after the cat runs and the dog gets up. Either blood and or piss both from the dobe.

Doubt its blood brewman....Doberman don't seem injured...all this talk of how easy its is to kill...hardly at deaths door is it...maybe piss or a split water bowl...who knows...my point was the dog is pretty much un harmed...sometimes scraps like that can look worse than they really are...people bringing Pit bull's into... well if this cat cant finish a sleeping chained up pet its surprised...hows it going to do against a dog that's physically stronger than a Doberman...with more fight and fire in its heart and a harder bite?...it would be off in search of an easier meal like the lad above says

• Like 1

Do pit bulls not quit then and boerboels are just mastiffs not gamedogs
Never said a boerbell was a game dog I know what they are and yes pit bulls can quit but they won't quit before a cat

Thats a great point......a mistake i often made when i first became interested in hunting was to compare hunting dogs to fighting dogs it took me a while to realise that one is nature and the other is a reversal of nature and they simply cant be compared.

True about the blood but it doesn't take a lot of liquid to cover a square metre or so and with the dog and cat rolling around it could be spread easily enough. The dobe will be full of adrenaline for a short period of time so unless seriously injured it will get up easy enough. Just observations and not saying you're wrong.

Doubt its blood brewman....Doberman don't seem injured...all this talk of how easy its is to kill...hardly at deaths door is it...maybe piss or a split water bowl...who knows...my point was the dog is pretty much un harmed...sometimes scraps like that can look worse than they really are...people bringing Pit bull's into... well if this cat cant finish a sleeping chained up pet its surprised...hows it going to do against a dog that's physically stronger than a Doberman...with more fight and fire in its heart and a harder bite?...it would be off in search of an easier meal like the lad above says

Have you ever seen a male lion or tiger in the wild ... They are huge there isn't a dog in the world they couldn't kill in seconds ... If you think a male lion is a coward have a quick you tube of them defending their pride .......

• Like 4