Free Air Rifle Shot Wood Pigeons

Any of you lads want free air rifle shot wood pigeons for your birds of prey ?

I live in the Wigan area.

in my younger days when hunting was considered normal and less frownd upon than it is today,I used to be out most days and everything was fair game and most of it had a price on its head, anything I was left with or had been bruised by hard mouthed dogs,so could,nt be sold to the local game dealer, went to the zoo, as most predictors need fur bone and feathers in there diet, they used to pay me 25p for a rabbit or squirrel, in the 1980s so I would think if you have a large surplus on a regular basis you could probably still strike up a deal if you have a zoo,wildlife park or raptor centre near you, just a thought

I`m being offered 50p/bird - all head shot.

So that covers my ammo cost which is all i would want.

As for food for my table, - yep love a bit of pigeon but not so it is busting my freezers.( Just having a good run on them on the oil seed rape crops, at the moment ) :good:

I`ve given loads of air rifle/ head shot woodies to the bird of prey centre and been given free entry tickets in return.

atb

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Mark, if you get any more woodies send me a pm I will sort you out some money for ammo, can also collect cheers Richard

Hi mate

If you want woodies go on Facebook and search "steel shot woodies"

There are shooters there who use steel shot and sell them for around 50p to £1 each.