• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking forward to it riohog. Hers a couple of my buffallo horn catties Old 1 but nice shorter knocked a lot over with this   And this one im trying to buy at the minute

himalayan rams horn click on image to enlarge

It's hard to work with tho mate I'm working on a catty with buffalo horn scales and it's tricky

Posted Images

Guest Navek

Any of you worked with it I want to give it a go , not sure how easy it is to work cheers

Can it take a fork hit

can defo take a fork hit I naught one the catty that go on top of a walking stick.. Still got it its solid

It's hard to work with tho mate I'm working on a catty with buffalo horn scales and it's tricky

its a doddle to work with the right kit ive used loads of it i profile it on a belt grinder then polish on a polishing mop with green paste .

• Like 1

Ok mate so how do you shape it to a fork or are the ones that I have seen been wood that has been covered with the horn maybe

just cut the u out shape out roughly with a jig saw and then file to shape

• Like 1

its a doddle to work with the right kit ive used loads of it i profile it on a belt grinder then polish on a polishing mop with green paste .

So do you buy it in a billet form then draw round yor template and cut out shape and polish

Cheers

So do you buy it in a billet form then draw round yor template and cut out shape and polish

Cheers

you can do or buy full horn and cut it in half look on u tube bet it will tell you there ..

• Like 1