What A Waste Of Hares !!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wankers phote shoped my dog out of the pic lol

Doesnt do the hare gene pool any good . Weak hares that lie up in cover left for breeding . At least with dogs it the strongest left for future stock

just a shame its all come to this, all thanks to war criminal tony blair and the labour party.

Maybe the reason did the shoots is they can't be bothered to spend the time and money to relocate bug relocating does work the poacher who helped Johnny kingdom relocate hares to his land was hares from the very feilds around me

I'm going to come up see these hares.haven't see one for years.my bullx coursed one down her many years ago ,Jesus we all nearly had heart attack with excitement. Shouting cheering.

Always good to see a hare even if it's just the one, many a time i've went out on a winter afternoon and had just one or two courses at dusk, followed by a few miles roadwork for the dog along a country road back to the car feet not touching the ground lol
  • Like 1

Maybe the reason did the shoots is they can't be bothered to spend the time and money to relocate bug relocating does work the poacher who helped Johnny kingdom relocate hares to his land was hares from the very feilds around me

Old Bob T, has got the right idea, something I would like to do in the near future, like to put some hares back on the fields where I took my fair share in my youth, as long as I can persuade the syndicate lads not to line them up in their sights
  • Like 1

i know of a large shooting ground in north yorkshire where they have two hare drives per year and always have but in the last 8 years to my knolage they have shot in excess of 900 hares per drive the keepers also rifle about 40 per week when the fields are short the land is very flinty so not alot of lads go on

i know of a large shooting ground in north yorkshire where they have two hare drives per year and always have but in the last 8 years to my knolage they have shot in excess of 900 hares per drive the keepers also rifle about 40 per week when the fields are short the land is very flinty so not alot of lads go on

That comes to about 2,600 hares a year, how do the survivors breed those numbers back each year? Over 8 years that's 20,800 hares......from one shoot :laugh: biggest load of bollocks iv'e ever read on here.

Guest Navek

Must admit it is nice to see a good dog behind a hare ,with the hare twisting and turning and trying to evade its pursuer...

However I'm not one for nocking ones man sport saying one way is right and one way is wrong

That's what helped put the nail in the coffin in the first place

However I wouldn't be a part of it ....maybe one or two for pot but couldn't spend a full day shooting at hares running in a strait line

my position is for coursing. as a coursing man for close to fifty years. I have never been to or condoned hare shoots, however before the ban we coursed an estate in Lincolnshire that used to have two hare shoots on two consecutive weekend's and shot close to a thousand hares, these all going to the game dealer. we always went after this had happened and had several fantastic days sport. hares in these numbers cant be supported for long before they start to suffer, and the estate finances suffer also, no amount of dog work can keep this sort of a population in check, so hate it as I most certainly do I can see the need, it is however control not sport. atb two crows

Often wonder why that flatland holds such high populations of hares considering they are a hill animal, obviously there is a rich, and varied food source for them, interesting place that's for sure

"They" say the hare is in decline, is it?

Now perhaps in certain areas, others not so. Now if the "Hare" is in decline why on earth is it legal to allow a slaughter to happen?

Now this process has been going on prior to the ban, so their exuse of "thinning them out" to prevent hare coursing is absolute rubbish.

The massacre of these hares are purely for money. Most restaurants serve hare, you wouldn't see it on a menu 12/13yrs ago.

Shoot 500 and earn a nice packet.

Conservation...what's that?

FFS where you been hiding, round mushes place :laugh::laugh:

I see Paul you've be promoted, congratulations!

I've not been hiding anywhere, just been busy pottering about in my shed, amazing places they are.

That was my grandad who relocated them hares for Johnny kingdom.

• Like 1

I never seen that one..

How many did he relocate and how are they doing ??

I never seen that one..

How many did he relocate and how are they doing ??

I think it was close to 70 hares. And buy all accounts the hare population has nearly double in the last 5 years. Can't rember what parts of the county they went to.