Birds "please Add Yours"

32 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Cheers buddy it’s easily arranged to be there around that time? An do ye know if they use the same haunts then as during the night? As if so I’m sure I’ll find em?

Yes I would think they would, the place i have been going is a big grass field serounded by arable land so there is a big concentration of rodents in their.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some great photos already.   These are some of my favorites I have taken                 Grey Wagtail   Kestrel

Had a bit of luck today. SD.

Short eared owl       Great spotted woodpecker     Nuthatch    

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Same patch land holds a few tawnys an saw a lil owl in one a the old sheep huts other day, is it usual to have em all on same land?? Never really come across owls before an deffo not on land I frequent other than odd ones out lamping

Some times you get short eared owl and barn owls hunting at the same time, they normally put up with each other but do have the odd fight.

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

That would be a bonus mate, only ever seen few shorties?? I’ll deffo be up there tomorrow weather permitting an we have had wind rain hail an snow for past god only knows how long so hopefully get a nice one for it

Nice one, saw a barn owl few weeks back at my place near reeth and had a short eared up there last year too.  Great birds are shorties....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Na no boxes mate but a mate of mine is making some, they come right in our coo barn when it’s bad outside but they flighty if ye go in but return pretty quick an usually jist hunker doon, usually in heavy rain or snow an wind likes been said but on nice nights ye can see em sat on the fence posts an sign posts as I’m driving there an home, gonna have a wander about tho at dusk an early morning with the binos ?

Wouldn’t mind putting a box up in the deer park.  See one regularly on the posts by the road through the middle. 

On 15/02/2018 at 15:01, CRAZYHORSE said:

The short eared owls have been mainly nocturnal this winter on the isle of Sheppey, found my first one out in the evening At the weekend.

29A1E2E3-080D-4023-AA32-465B2EA876F7.png

Lovely shot. Been down that way the last couple of days but blanked on SEO yours is a stunner.

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, PINNACLE said:

Lovely shot. Been down that way the last couple of days but blanked on SEO yours is a stunner.

Thanks mate, I found a shortie roosting in the morning and went back about half four, i timed it just right as I pulled up the owl flew right at me I got my shots and it disappeared across the marsh 

BA2E41C7-59A3-4666-A119-7B44979EF994.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, CRAZYHORSE said:

Thanks mate, I found a shortie roosting in the morning and went back about half four, i timed it just right as I pulled up the owl flew right at me I got my shots and it disappeared across the marsh 

BA2E41C7-59A3-4666-A119-7B44979EF994.jpeg

That’s a beauty mate.  Gotta a taxidermy mate who did one last year....the plumage up close is unreal...

• Thanks 1