Sign in to follow this  
Gaz_1989

Jok's Take On A Treble Bow Back Box...

Haha polar bear.

I'm hoping my mate down Wiltshire way is going to sort me a kit this summer out of his coney catchers.

• Like 1

Oh how absurdably rude. And I for a moment thought you had gentlemanly conduct. Watch yourself Gaz he'll get you into bad habits lol. Now then serious. What plinking do you want. A day out, an evening, a weekend? Have a think pall and let me know on Friday. Socks could be welcome. I've a pub full of nutters he'd fit in with just fine.

• Like 1

If your making a box to carry that polar bear that gaz calls a ferret you better put wheels on it so he can drag the fukcing lump about .........

thought the exact same lol

If your making a box to carry that polar bear that gaz calls a ferret you better put wheels on it so he can drag the fukcing lump about .........

thought the exact same lol

Just because my ferret is bigger than your beddy whippets 😂

• Like 2

Lol made a treble one myself no the easiest to keep the weight down the less iron work the better lol

Edited by nothernlite

Something like this would be handy for light ferreting just for the one ferret could evern slip it under your jacket if you were somewhere your not ment to be....

post-99060-0-62137100-1456900310.jpeg

• Like 2

Northernlite. Must admit, did well on the weight problem. Comes in at 5kgs. Not too shabby. I'm liking the shaped poachers boxes and got an idea in mind.

Navek. I reckon that box started life at 300mm square and was cut to accommodate the curve. For one ferret need it be so big? Jok.

Navek. I reckon that box started life at 300mm square and was cut to accommodate the curve. For one ferret need it be so big? Jok.

think that box is roughly 8 inch square as the decking birds are normally 4 inch wide .. Could be wrong tho ..... If I was making one it would be 8 inch square for a small Jill

I reckon you'll find the decking is 120mm plus the gap. But, not to get pedantic about it, any size is makeable. An 8" box certainly woul be good for one ferret. See what everyone thinks before I dive into the workshop.jok.

Jock had a look on the net earlier and there was a couple made 12 long 9 deep and 8 high I recon 8 squared would be plenty for small Jill but not everyone works small Jill's ... Socks what size is your bow box ?

12 inches long 10 inches at the widest point 5 inches at the narrowest and 8 inches high .......

A poachers box to me is summat small and easy to carry, usually for one ferret or 2 little jills. Iv had both rectangular and the corner ones on past and have no preference as long as they hold a ferret and can be easily carried whilst going for a decent mooch with nowt else other than the Lurcher and a small spade. The little corner box I have now has seen better days lol I think it originally com from Hubery a few years ago before he went awol. I'll try get some pics at some point today but it's same design as socks

Edited by W. Katchum

photo2.jpg

10 x 7 x 6 smallest I was happy to go to without cramming the ferret in.

I never did master the kidney box out of ply. More effort than it was worth.

The old boy had a tiny box with a ply lid and base and the sides were made from chicken wire and canvas. Lightweight and very unnoticeable.