Jok's Take On A Treble Bow Back Box...

Oh how absurdably rude. And I for a moment thought you had gentlemanly conduct. Watch yourself Gaz he'll get you into bad habits lol. Now then serious. What plinking do you want. A day out, an evening, a weekend? Have a think pall and let me know on Friday. Socks could be welcome. I've a pub full of nutters he'd fit in with just fine.

• Like 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jok just sent me these. I think he's done a fantastic job. It looks really well...    

Yep collected the box today. Cracking bit of kit. Just what I hoped.   That middle pocket is really functional, pics below show it holding half a dozen nets, game carrier, mora knife, a couple of m

Posting pics on behalf of Jok.   This is his take on a treble bow back ferret carrying box.   Some lucky bugger will be the proud owner of this box soon as it's finished ?   Please enjoy the p

Posted Images

If your making a box to carry that polar bear that gaz calls a ferret you better put wheels on it so he can drag the fukcing lump about .........

thought the exact same lol

Just because my ferret is bigger than your beddy whippets ?

• Like 2
Guest Navek

Navek. I reckon that box started life at 300mm square and was cut to accommodate the curve. For one ferret need it be so big? Jok.

think that box is roughly 8 inch square as the decking birds are normally 4 inch wide .. Could be wrong tho ..... If I was making one it would be 8 inch square for a small Jill

I reckon you'll find the decking is 120mm plus the gap. But, not to get pedantic about it, any size is makeable. An 8" box certainly woul be good for one ferret. See what everyone thinks before I dive into the workshop.jok.

Guest Navek

Jock had a look on the net earlier and there was a couple made 12 long 9 deep and 8 high I recon 8 squared would be plenty for small Jill but not everyone works small Jill's ... Socks what size is your bow box ?

photo2.jpg

10 x 7 x 6 smallest I was happy to go to without cramming the ferret in.

I never did master the kidney box out of ply. More effort than it was worth.

The old boy had a tiny box with a ply lid and base and the sides were made from chicken wire and canvas. Lightweight and very unnoticeable.

Like them Moxy. Look well made and using a piano hinge is always good. Don't mind them latches either. However, looking at the others, it would appear that 'slung round the hips' is the way to go. I have never seen them before but have no problem making. I'm going for the one that socks has mainly because the others would take a bit more concealing. See what happens. Mate. I've just spotted the tilt front. Now that's an idea worth perusing. Looking at Naveks box, if you imagine cutting off the front corner roughly where the latch is and in line with the hinges we'd have the best of everything.

• Like 2

not as i know anything about them but that box of naveks looks ideal and moxys look class as well ,jok if you do what your suggesting and combine the 2 it would certainly look the dogs ,be good if others piped up about the sizes ,would they need to be much bigger for a hob? whats the reason for the slope ?

• Like 1