Jok's Take On A Treble Bow Back Box...

Posting pics on behalf of Jok.

This is his take on a treble bow back ferret carrying box.

Some lucky bugger will be the proud owner of this box soon as it's finished ?

Please enjoy the pics and Jok will give some details later...

35E40002-5CA1-4B30-9ECE-DBC640EE06DF.png

A31FAF12-DA9F-430D-9BBE-4167D6FD6CD8.png

30471007-7DDB-4BAF-BF38-EC6C4BC06417.png

88393E31-7BD6-4F0D-A6C4-A4B6F3BB60BF.png

AB2A72B2-BAC8-48B1-B16B-3AE4C39A5A87.png

• Like 3

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jok just sent me these. I think he's done a fantastic job. It looks really well...    

Yep collected the box today. Cracking bit of kit. Just what I hoped.   That middle pocket is really functional, pics below show it holding half a dozen nets, game carrier, mora knife, a couple of m

Posting pics on behalf of Jok.   This is his take on a treble bow back ferret carrying box.   Some lucky bugger will be the proud owner of this box soon as it's finished ?   Please enjoy the p

Posted Images

Well, as you can see from the above, I've had a go at this elusive box. It all started with the post about anyone making bow back boxes in the Leeds area. The only idea of concept was from the box he ended up buying which I thought looked very heavy. This was not a criticism merely an observation. So to the workshop with a hasty scribble. I kept thinking about that comment ' if a job's worth doing it's worth doing it right'. So a frame, made from a light hardwood, glued and screwed. Used 4mm plywood for the carcass which was made easier using my table saw. Remembered to leave the ends extra long to accommodate the back. Bending of which was achieved using a 12" diameter clay pipe and a wallpaper steamer. Ratchet strap held the bend whilst drying and cutting to size. If you look behind pics 3 and 4 that is the first of the doors being glued ready for sizing. Got to that stage and spoke to the geezer who will be using the box to ask him brown or green. Clearly he chose brown so that was next, 2 coats. Carry strap held in place with a stainless plate and bolts. A nice leather shoulder strap cause I'm informed he's a pot licking wimp. However, without his help this might not have been achieved. He can give you the low down after he's used it. That's about it folks. End of season for us guys so on with decoying the pigeons. Wonder what we can make for that game??incidentally, provided Gruffalogriff Griff is ok with it the knife sheath I made and added to his posts needs a new home. I'd like it to get used. ATB. Jok.

• Like 2

Devon flighter. Don't try to bend too much too quickly. Slowly, slowly catch a monkey. I tried doing it in one but it started creaking so decided to do it in 2 halves. Also it's worth a mention that I didn't only steam the middle, rather the whole board. The base is frame and has both an internal floor and an external base all done in the same ply.

Sussex. Thank you.

W. Ketchum. Hey up pal. As you've read this is a first. Generally I don't much bother with reward. If I have boards and spare timber in the workshop I just get on with it. Send me a pic or description of a poachers box and I'll see what I can do. Always a pleasure never a chore. Jok.