fox traps

Guest SADIE

do any of you make your own fox traps? built several over the years and seem to do well. The only thing is that a make them big enough to put a big bait in, so that i don't have to go near them to check them. Fortunatley i have farms to put them on where the smell doesn't matter. Any opinions on these? The ones i build are like big rat traps only instead of a spring i make the door heavy. Just interested to see how well fox traps work for other people. I don't set them in the spring and the occasional vixen has been known to 'escape' in the winter! :whistle:

I tried for a while once to trap a fox in our garden...i never got it though...i had always thought that trapping them would be easy , but i didnt find it so. A mate of mine has trapped quite a good number in his garden though. Years ago my fathers shoot shelled out £300 for 2 traps..and they never set them!!! :yes: just left to rust! what a terrible waste.....good hunting guys...

Some of us have got some havnt lmao home made and it dose work.I wont go into detail of the shooting a close range but its not as easy as it looks.074193.jpg

WHAT IS THE LEGALITY OF KEEPING A VIXEN ALIVE IN THE WINTER AS BAIT AND HAVING A TRAP WORKING ON A TREDLE PLATE THAT SHUTS THE DOOR WHEN THE DOG FOXES TRY TO GET NEAR HER? iF YOU CAN USE MAGPIES IN LARSSENS I DON'T SEE WHY NOT.

hhmm...a funny question, but i bet it would be a gresat bait....as long as food and water/ shelter from weather was taken into account then i dont know if this would be a winner???....

ha ha jon how old are you dont you know you cant keep an animal locked up like that just so the randy dog foxes come running in from miles around :) i will say that trap has caught lots of foxes and stays on the same farm the farmer now sets it and phones me when there is anything in. <_<

SEEN ME CATCHING 2 IN ONE NIGHT. ON BOTH OCCASIONS IT WAS MID-WINTER AND I CAUGHT THE VIXEN AND THEN THE DOG ON THE FIRST OCCASION, WHICH WOULD MAKE SENSE. THE SECOND TIME THOUGH, IT WAS THE OTHER WAY ABOUT. HAVE A SNEAKY SUSPICION THEY WERE 'TOWNIE' FOXES DROPPED OFF AND FOUND THE FOOD AT THE SAME TIME. THE SECOND ONE WAS WATCHING ME TAKE THE FIRST ONE OUT!