Old Girl Still Has It..

Nice read fireman. I dug to my Plummer yesterday. I wasn't prepared (was just out bushing) so by the time I got my digging gear dropped off and located her it had been 2 hours since she dropped in.

Not bad for ratting/bushing dogs. Lol

Well done to your plummer Gaz and deffo worth investing in a locator of sorts now as she'll go again given the chance,good to hear it ended well and you will be surprised over the comming years just what these rat dogs can do given the chance :thumbs: ..

Cheers fireman.

Obviously everything I do is legal and above board and I only work my dogs on permission so yes I will invest in a locator for my terrier.

But suppose, just for arguments sake, someone did a lot of poaching and mooching where they shouldn't be...

They would be mad to work a terrier with a locator collar on and to carry digging equipment.

They are going equipped before they get out of the car.

Should their dog drop to ground then it's just an unfortunate accident.

What are your thoughts?

It'll be down to the jury as to if your going equiped imo,a jack and wheel brace in your car don't mean your out knicking wheels or a screw driver in a chippy's motor don't mean he's a burgler and to have a locator on your dog don't mean your out digging it means you have the means to rescue it if it gets stuck down a rabbit hole :thumbs: .

• Like 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some will know i have an old plummer bitch that i have used as a bit of a allrounder over the 9 years i've had her,well was out checking a few hedgerows that i haven't checked in a while as all the us

Lol,the dig was yesterday afternoon and when i got home it was dark,so the dog got sorted first and the pic was took this morning.But she wasn't caked anyway and the fox is wet beause she dragged it i

we all have our own idea;s on working dogs and its good to have our differences. it makes for interesting debate. the worry i have is that when folk are called out. there pride can be wounded. and th

Posted Images

Could we have on the job pics in future fireman just to clarify a few points .Under the chin bites lol.If your up front mate then fair play but a little bit of me thinks its staged and the need to prove to others is stronger than fact but hey ho ,keep on ratting .

• Like 1

Could we have on the job pics in future fireman just to clarify a few points .Under the chin bites lol.If your up front mate then fair play but a little bit of me thinks its staged and the need to prove to others is stronger than fact but hey ho ,keep on ratting .

I don't give 2 fcuks what you think FD :laugh: and those that know me know i sure don't bullshit about what me dogs can or cannot do :thumbs: ...

• Like 4

I don't give 2 fcuks what you think FD :laugh: and those that know me know i sure don't bullshit about what me dogs can or cannot do :thumbs: ...

You obviously do mate otherwise you wouldn't rise to it lol.I can't understand anyone taking a pic next day in what is essentially a set up that tells no story other than you want others to believe your dog did something it did not .

Why not take the pic in situ ,in the raw if you like no set ups or washed dogs.If I showed my dogs a fox that fresh they would be ragging it silly ,not sniffing it with indifference .

Anyone who does a bit will have you sussed matey .You state your dog was up close but yet shows no sign of having met a fox up close ever.You are preaching to a few who know the score pal .If it upsets a few so be it but facts are facts .

• Like 1

Yep had a couple outings with fm through thl , as straight as they come

• Like 3

You obviously do mate otherwise you wouldn't rise to it lol.I can't understand anyone taking a pic next day in what is essentially a set up that tells no story other than you want others to believe your dog did something it did not .

Why not take the pic in situ ,in the raw if you like no set ups or washed dogs.If I showed my dogs a fox that fresh they would be ragging it silly ,not sniffing it with indifference .

Anyone who does a bit will have you sussed matey .You state your dog was up close but yet shows no sign of having met a fox up close ever.You are preaching to a few who know the score pal .If it upsets a few so be it but facts are facts .

I know different FD and that's all that is needed :thumbs: ..

Yep had a couple outings with fm through thl , as straight as they come

about as straight as pride night in the blue oyster haha

My god unbelievable why has everything to be examined like a murder case real or not its good reading either way.

Its the result of an enquiring mind and time served in the game mate .Fantasy has no place in my world .

Or does arrogance mate, plenty of us have experience but we don't gloat, can you not take a man for his word that's all im trying to get across instead of always having to put a downer on alot of threads due to your superior experience. Im sure your out in the field like every-man and try to breed your line as best you can like every-man But thats all you are a man like every-man. Hope that aint a shock to the system but you are flesh and blood and bone like us all.

• Like 6

we all have our own idea;s on working dogs and its good to have our differences. it makes for interesting debate. the worry i have is that when folk are called out. there pride can be wounded. and this is especially true with the minority breeds like plummers borders etc. this could lead to images that arnt suitable for the www. just to prove a point.

i take everything on here with a pinch of salt

i would never call anyone a liar. unless i 100 %. new this to be the case. :icon_eek: be that with an image of a dog or claims to have the best working terriers known to man. :yes:

foxdropper you seem to think you are better than the average lad. what qualifies you to hold yourself in such high esteem . :toast:

remember SELF PRAISE IS NO PRAISE AT ALL.

post-100217-0-98489400-1455963295.jpg

note the cleanspade.

• Like 8