Old Girl Still Has It..

Only two plummers I've really seen work,first one my mate dug into the hundreds with her and she died to ground.rip pip,second one another mate had would bolt them all day but only do twenty minutes if they faced her,not everyone's cup of tea but real handy certain places you could call her out,and then dig it with the patts.lot of people knock em but one thing I noticed is they will find anywhere when others have said no one home.fairplay to your bitch fireman still doing abit at her age,I'd be a proud man.atb dc

• Like 4

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some will know i have an old plummer bitch that i have used as a bit of a allrounder over the 9 years i've had her,well was out checking a few hedgerows that i haven't checked in a while as all the us

Lol,the dig was yesterday afternoon and when i got home it was dark,so the dog got sorted first and the pic was took this morning.But she wasn't caked anyway and the fox is wet beause she dragged it i

we all have our own idea;s on working dogs and its good to have our differences. it makes for interesting debate. the worry i have is that when folk are called out. there pride can be wounded. and th

Posted Images

Nice read fireman. I dug to my Plummer yesterday. I wasn't prepared (was just out bushing) so by the time I got my digging gear dropped off and located her it had been 2 hours since she dropped in.

Not bad for ratting/bushing dogs. Lol

Well done to your plummer Gaz and deffo worth investing in a locator of sorts now as she'll go again given the chance,good to hear it ended well and you will be surprised over the comming years just what these rat dogs can do given the chance :thumbs: ..

A cincal man would say ,looking at the fox it appears to of been shot well back ,almost rifle like .The same person would have to say hes never seen a dog up close before that hasnt been tagged but as im not that person then all ive to say is well done the pair of you and good shooting .

• Like 1

A cincal man would say ,looking at the fox it appears to of been shot well back ,almost rifle like .The same person would have to say hes never seen a dog up close before that hasnt been tagged but as im not that person then all ive to say is well done the pair of you and good shooting .

Some pics of a gunshot wound(it's head is missing a good bit of it on the other side) and some of a few fox bites under her chin don't make such a good topic on terrier work FD,but that cinical man surely must know this seeing as he knows everything else.. :victory: ..

• Like 2

that guy downt pub must be a fountain of knowledge, as he checked over it like a forensic scientist
  • Like 2

Nice read fireman. I dug to my Plummer yesterday. I wasn't prepared (was just out bushing) so by the time I got my digging gear dropped off and located her it had been 2 hours since she dropped in.

Well done to your plummer Gaz and deffo worth investing in a locator of sorts now as she'll go again given the chance,good to hear it ended well and you will be surprised over the comming years just what these rat dogs can do given the chance :thumbs: ..

Cheers fireman.

Obviously everything I do is legal and above board and I only work my dogs on permission so yes I will invest in a locator for my terrier.

But suppose, just for arguments sake, someone did a lot of poaching and mooching where they shouldn't be...

They would be mad to work a terrier with a locator collar on and to carry digging equipment.

They are going equipped before they get out of the car.

Should their dog drop to ground then it's just an unfortunate accident.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers fireman.

Obviously everything I do is legal and above board and I only work my dogs on permission so yes I will invest in a locator for my terrier.

But suppose, just for arguments sake, someone did a lot of poaching and mooching where they shouldn't be...

They would be mad to work a terrier with a locator collar on and to carry digging equipment.

What are your thoughts?

I think you are using your head gaz

Cheers fireman.

What are your thoughts?

lol they'd be made to have a digging dog and not go anywhere without a collar and spade ! They'd be mad to anywhere that's not on permo with the intention of digging ! And you've got to be a bit mad to own a digging dog ! Lol

But for the sake of argument if your dog is down somewhere where you shouldn't be then yes you'd have a better case of saying it dropped to ground by accident . But what happens if your dog goes to ground say in a unknown deep spot and stays , how you gonna go about getting it out if you've no collar or spade ?

Edited by marshman