Old Girl Still Has It..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some will know i have an old plummer bitch that i have used as a bit of a allrounder over the 9 years i've had her,well was out checking a few hedgerows that i haven't checked in a while as all the us

Lol,the dig was yesterday afternoon and when i got home it was dark,so the dog got sorted first and the pic was took this morning.But she wasn't caked anyway and the fox is wet beause she dragged it i

we all have our own idea;s on working dogs and its good to have our differences. it makes for interesting debate. the worry i have is that when folk are called out. there pride can be wounded. and th

Posted Images

She's very clean mate. Thought with her having to push through a rabbit warren she would have abit of dirt on her

Lol,the dig was yesterday afternoon and when i got home it was dark,so the dog got sorted first and the pic was took this morning.But she wasn't caked anyway and the fox is wet beause she dragged it into a ditch when she was having her reward rag,or i could be totaly bullshitting and it was a road kill i put up to try to impress folk i don't know.You decide mate :victory: ..

• Like 11

Fireman, you of all people should know that you have to take photos at the end off the dig showing both terrier and quarry and I can't believe you used a firearm to finish it. What were you thinking ?

Well done the old one ,has she a name?, and at 9 they're usually just taking up a bed, some food and fond memories but she's earning her keep too.

Good stuff.

Nice one and is it a dog or a vixen ?

• Like 1

Her name is Molly Neil and that was a dog fox,it suprised me it was a dog fox as like i say there were a couple of crows and a bit of a rabbit outside the earth so i really did expect cubs or a vixen getting ready to cub down.But she'll be not to far away and we'll be back out the next couple of days looking again :thumbs: .

She is over 9 now but she's fit and able and just keeps on going,so it's down to her when she stays in her bed rather than come out and as long as she's coping she comes out as usual :victory: ..

• Like 5

Yep, everything seems early this year. I seen a few earths today that looked like a vixen has been getting them ready for giving birth.

Don't the old reliable's make life so much easier when you've a job to do ?

I love pups but they have me a bunch of nerves when I'm out with them as they're liable to do anything but out with an old trusted worker is "usually" a walk in the park.

• Like 1

Yep, everything seems early this year. I seen a few earths today that looked like a vixen has been getting them ready for giving birth.

Don't the old reliable's make life so much easier when you've a job to do ?

I love pups but they have me a bunch of nerves when I'm out with them as they're liable to do anything but out with an old trusted worker is "usually" a walk in the park.

Talking of old reliables we've an earth on the shoot that has held every year for the last 9 years (written in the shoots vermin book) on the 3rd week of febuary,had a vixen from out it last year and the dog fox was laid up in a new earth less than 100yrds away,next weekend is the 3rd week of febuary :thumbs: .. :D