Sign in to follow this  
jeppi26

Pond

Well after a long Wait a good brickie mate ad a free weekend to get a start on my pond after a week delay lol looking good up to now should be finished tomorrow fingers crossed if not net weekend. Can anyone recommend a good waterproof render for the inside of the pond it will be getting painted with rubber pond paint after rendered?

E3A399B3-C85B-44B3-B0A9-1264C03E37F9_zps

BC14DB4E-908C-4F02-AFF6-356B748D3986_zps

2E9CC125-90D0-4E04-8FB3-EFBD3EFD9160_zps

• Like 9

Alan Titchmarsh would be proud of you rex lol.

Its looking good be nice to see the finished pond.

• Like 1

Lol as long as her indoors is happy I am lol she's on at me to get the garden finished for summer so am hard at it mate

Fair play it will look spot on the way you are going mate.

• Like 1

You want brunopel chemical added to double washed sand and cement render 3/1 mix with a handfull of glass fibre strands added to every mix

• Like 1

that a bottom drain in there fella?

I had a koi pond at my last house was my pride and joy. Used to love sitting at side of that after a day at work used to chill me out.

Now I only have beer and/or vino!

• Like 2

I had a koi pond at my last house was my pride and joy. Used to love sitting at side of that after a day at work used to chill me out.

Yes mate it's a bottom drain. Was going to go down the pump route but did some searching on the net I went for the bottom drain. Can't Waite till it's finished tbh mate it was going to be the full length of the blocks 16ft X 6ft but changed my mined so the face with the blocks showing I will make a corner seating area to chill out in the sun

Yes mate it's a bottom drain. Was going to go down the pump route but did some searching on the net I went for the bottom drain. Can't Waite till it's finished tbh mate it was going to be the full length of the blocks 16ft X 6ft but changed my mined so the face with the blocks showing I will make a corner seating area to chill out in the sun
mine was big, 16ft x 16ft and about 4ft deep in middle. It was too big for garden really but I loved it. I will see if I can find some pics. I think I have old filter n UV n stuff if you want it rex? I will have to check in shed like, might need some new foams and brushes but cost you 30quid instead of 230.
  • Like 2

mine was big, 16ft x 16ft and about 4ft deep in middle. It was too big for garden really but I loved it. I will see if I can find some pics. I think I have old filter n UV n stuff if you want it rex? I will have to check in shed like, might need some new foams and brushes but cost you 30quid instead of 230.
If your not using them mate I will take them thanks :thumbs: if you have any pictures of you old pond bang them up mate.was it just koi you kept?

very nice mate, need to do something with my garden, it resembles a marshland at the mo :laugh:

very nice mate, need to do something with my garden, it resembles a marshland at the mo :laugh:

It dose look good mate but rest of garden is a mess pal lol
  • Like 1