Live Fox Trapping Bait

evening all

so the boss has requested i try to trap the fox we have been seeing round site ( 75 hound free range chicken farm) it comes and goes and so far hasn't done to much damage. so i have set out a live fox trap as i can't shoot i don't have a fac yet.my question is this what bait do you guy find works the best obviously i have plenty of dead to use but does fresh or rotting work best ?

cheers in advance

Just put a dead chicken in there. The fox may take it while it's still fresh or leave it a few days. If that doesn't work, try dog or cat food.

If you don't have a FAC, what exactly are you going to do with the fox when you catch it?

Just put a dead chicken in there. The fox may take it while it's still fresh or leave it a few days. If that doesn't work, try dog or cat food.

If you don't have a FAC, what exactly are you going to do with the fox when you catch it?

:yes::yes::yes:

If you are on a Chicken farm that seems the obvious bait. Whatever you like, the fox has a cast iron stomach and will eat almost anything.

Dog biscuits are my usual choice in domestic environments but almost anything can work.

:thumbs:

Advertise for a local FAC holder to come and hunt / shoot. Might save the fox becoming distressed while trapped waiting for your FAC holder to turn up.

don't worry mate i check the trap 3 times a day. caught one the other day and the boss was straight down he's not to keen on leaving them in there for to long either.

Advertise for a local FAC holder to come and hunt / shoot. Might save the fox becoming distressed while trapped waiting for your FAC holder to turn up.

don't worry mate i check the trap 3 times a day. caught one the other day and the boss was straight down he's not to keen on leaving them in there for to long either.

What bait did you use then?

TC

We always use fish waste,heads,guts,etc from the fishmongers nearby when baiting either traps or a field, I find when baiting a field it takes them longer to eat and not as easy to run off with to the hedge in a safe place and eat it,keeps them out in the middle longer,WM