Whose Ever Dropped A Bird In Flight?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the done thing IMO

Nope. Never attempted it. So can hardly be surprised.   Years ago there was an air gun released that was like a shot gun, god knows what it was called, I know a friend of mine used one to good effec

had a go at a feral once, there was a large flock flying over an open field and me and a mate both took a pop shot into the flock, to our delight one fell into the field, however we soon realised it h

a lot of years ago i took a woody in flight ive got to be truthefull id say it was a lucky shot,i took the shot 2 seconds before i thought it would pass the flight line to my delight i hit it ,ive never done it since and it was with my trusted mercury

Nope. Never attempted it. So can hardly be surprised.

Years ago there was an air gun released that was like a shot gun, god knows what it was called, I know a friend of mine used one to good effect against starlings back in the day of coal at my nans.

• Like 2

Yup - the first pigeon I ever shot. I had a knackered old .177 and I shot instinctively as it flew off. I was amazed that I hit and dropped it. I have also shot and killed a running rabbit with a sub 12 .22. Both these shots were when I was young - I wouldn't attempt to do it now.

Not birds but a fella i go rat shooting with does it regular with a pellet gun,the rats run along the roof beams and he has the knack of hitting them,my step son who's 13 has a good return on kills for shots doing it as well.I'm rubbish at it so i just lamp for them :laugh: ..

never attempted it but been tempted once or twice with the odd woodie or crow flying overhead ...if you want to hear something funny ....there is a guy from the next village down the valley from me who is called Dai ping , the reason he is called dai ping is because he said he hit a passenger jet flying overhead with a sub 12 air rifle !!!!! when asked how he knew he hit , he said i heard it go ping pmsl .... this guy is now 50 years old and he is still called dai ping to this day ... King will back me upon this , he knows him .. there are quite some characters living in this small valley of mine ...

Nope. Never attempted it. So can hardly be surprised.

Years ago there was an air gun released that was like a shot gun, god knows what it was called, I know a friend of mine used one to good effect against starlings back in the day of coal at my nans.

I think I remember that - a griffin air shotgun? also seen one called a gamo viper express i think it was called.

Hi Rez it was called a gamo viper express, I started a topic on here about them nearly 6 years ago - how time flys!

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/149272-gamo-viper-express/

they look pants tho....

as for shooting a bird in flight with an airgun I wouldent even try, If by some miracle you hit it you cant be sure where you will hit it.

Teds hold over managed tho but with a semi auto fac airgun I think.

Hi Rez it was called a gamo viper express, I started a topic on here about them nearly 6 years ago - how time flys!

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/149272-gamo-viper-express/

they look pants tho....

as for shooting a bird in flight with an airgun I wouldent even try, If by some miracle you hit it you cant be sure where you will hit it.

Teds hold over managed tho but with a semi auto fac airgun I think.

That's is one I've not seen... I'm on about one from the 90's when I was about 10. I'll see if I can source it.

• Like 1

f****n 'ell Tom, yeah man!! That's might of been it... God I wish I'd kept all my old air gunner issues. Your right to, it was similair to the 707! I keep seeing them 707's and I'm like Jesus I know the look of that from somewhere.

• Like 1

Can't find an image of it anywhere... Lost to the history books.

But yeah, that's was the thing a friend had and shot starlings on the wing with it. No more than 15 yard.

God I miss my youth and growing up with air guns.

Bloody HW80 eluded me then as it does now.

• Like 1