Revo Shotgun

anyone else use this type of shotgun? I have both 12 and 20 bore versions of the pemium game, cant go wrong at £500 brand new. just haven't heard anyone else using them and thought they would be a bit more popular.

cheers

I picked up on them when they first turned up, they do seem to offer a bit for the money.

I believe SGC are the importer/distributor for the UK, at least they were in the early days.

I have heard mixed reviews but it seems true to say they haven't made a staggering impact yet!

:thumbs:

never had a berretta or a browning so couldn't comment, very nice gun, had a good season with both gauges although 20 bore quite heavy compared to others!

It looks as if balance wise it might not b disimilar to Browning.

Found these:

The balance is slightly forward of the full-width hinge-pin

Read more at http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/browning-b525-hunter-shotgun-review#8zY4BRyseTjl2Bfb.99

Balance is one of the most important handling characteristics of any shotgun, and the Revo Premium Game Gun balanced at just over 1⁄2in in front of the fore-end knuckle, producing a slight forward bias.

Read more at http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/revo-premium-game-gun-12-bore#r0JXFyfmd1cMXXht.99

If that's the case, and these are a good sturdy gun, they could be the bargain of the century. Even replacement barrel sets are only just over £120!
Edited by Alsone

never had a berretta or a browning so couldn't comment, very nice gun, had a good season with both gauges although 20 bore quite heavy compared to others!

It looks as if balance wise it might not b disimilar to Browning.

Found these:

The balance is slightly forward of the full-width hinge-pin

Read more at http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/browning-b525-hunter-shotgun-review#8zY4BRyseTjl2Bfb.99

Balance is one of the most important handling characteristics of any shotgun, and the Revo Premium Game Gun balanced at just over 1⁄2in in front of the fore-end knuckle, producing a slight forward bias.

Read more at http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/revo-premium-game-gun-12-bore#r0JXFyfmd1cMXXht.99

If that's the case, and these are a good sturdy gun, they could be the bargain of the century. Even replacement barrel sets are only just over £120!

I'm not following what you are saying/suggesting.

Unless I'm mistaken you have compared a 20g Browning with 28" barrels to a 12g Revo with 30" barrels and come up with the conclusion the balance is the same, the obvious question is, so what?

There are few badly balanced guns, and the balance will change with model, barrel length, stock construction and gauge anyway. On top of which everyone is a different size and balance works differently for everyone.

Balance, as reported in a media review is hardly a reason to rush out and buy any gun.

Edited by Deker

I'm not following what you are saying/suggesting.

Unless I'm mistaken you have compared a 20g Browning with 28" barrels to a 12g Revo with 30" barrels and come up with the conclusion the balance is the same, the obvious question is, so what?

There are few badly balanced guns, and the balance will change with model, barrel length, stock construction and gauge anyway. On top of which everyone is a different size and balance works differently for everyone.

Balance, as reported in a media review is hardly a reason to rush out and buy any gun.

I agree what's reported in the media isn't the best way to buy, it's a guide only and the only true way to buy is to try.

What I am saying is that in my experience different brands tend to have different balance points which are characteristic of the brand and apparent the moment you pick up and point / swing the gun. Balance is usually designed into a shotgun with distance reference to the hinge pin and usually appears consistent across the brand, although I know that browning changed the balance of their 725 compared to their other models.

You say so what, when it comes to balance. Personally, I put gun balance above fit when it comes to shotguns. You may or may not agree but with a poorly fitting shotgun that's well balanced you'll still hit birds or clays, albeit not with the same kind of consistency you'd get with a properly fitted gun. Lets face it most of the population that shoot have bought an off the peg shotgun without any fitting advice from a coach. So you can bet a majority don't have a perfect fit. They still shoot well though with an agreeable balance. However, any gun that balances in a manner you don't get along with will be a challenge to use no matter how good the fit as shotguns are all about balance and swing. Without an agreeable balance, the swing suffers as it tends to me more forced than natural and it's harder to track the target. What's an agreeable balance is personal preference though and different shooters like different things. eg you couldn't give me a Beretta shotgun. However, equally you'll find people who wouldn't be given a Browning and always buy Beretta! It is personal. I like the balance of Browning group products, so if the Revo has a similar balance it definitely peaks my interest although I'd never buy blind.

Alsone, what is that meant to be about?

I think you should read ALL my post again.

I said....... Unless I'm mistaken you have compared a 20g Browning with 28" barrels to a 12g Revo with 30" barrels and come up with the conclusion the balance is the same, the obvious question is, so what? I did NOT say "so what" when it comes to balance, I said so what to that comparison, you may just as well have compared apples to oranges for all the use that was.

If you think all brands have a balance point that is the same across their entire range then you are sorely mistaken and need to pick up a few more guns. Beretta, Browning and anyone else you care to name make guns to a general size that they decide, that effects fit primarily, and obviously to some extent balance, but balance will change from model to model, stock type, barrel length, calibre, etc as well as the size/strength of the person holding it! The main difference between Beretta and Browning is FIT, they make their guns to a different size model, the balance will inevitable be different for that simple reason, but the balance is NOT the same on all Beretta and all Browning models.

Edited by Deker