• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well to keep the pie theme going lol we had a baking day as it was lashing down. Old muttly was on form last night 5 out of 6 so we had a few rabbits for grub and stopped Braised in cider wit

I'm getting plenty of daytime rabbits at the moment, filling the freezer with a pastry variation of my rabbit loin and bacon cottage pie.     Quick and easy, tasty too. Recipe here. http://www.ur

Had the original version on two occasions and really enjoyed. Nice and creamy. I think rabbit loin works great with this. Anyhow it looks great. I'll not bother with pics of my latest exploits. Have to be the fricasse or the rabbit cobbler.

Just a thought to you kitchen guru's. I did say I'd try something a bit different so just as an idea, what about reef and beef. I remember having this fairly regularly , lobster and beef with an unforgetable sauce ( which I can't remember)lol. It's kenj's sauce which brought it to mind. Reckon that's worth a go. NOW. Where's my diving gear??

• Like 1

Went out and got another five big rabbits this afternoon with my Magtech .22. The loins are in salt water ready for another cooking session tomorrow. A two day cottage pie and another couple of pastry pies for the freezer. Glad you guys liked them. That creamy sauce and the tender loins work well together.

You've just given me an idea jok. We get thousands of crayfish from my local trout stream, I wonder if crayfish and rabbit with bacon would work in the sauce. Anyone tried the combination? We tread on most of the crayfish, as we are fed up with figuring out new ways to cook them.

Oh mate. Standing on foodIt's a cheaper option than lobster. Ther's a thread on here about the signal crayfish. Wonder if any readers would take the plunge and help me out a bit. I know it's tricky with the NRA but you never know.

Right guys, I've done it. As follows.

230 Gms venison rump steak (approx 1" cubes).

170 Gms tuna loin.

190 Gms large peeled king prawns.

12 Welsh spring onions.

1 small leek.

100 Gms button mushrooms.

Small tin mushroom soup.

Pinch of parsley,basil, salt and pepper.

Home made puff pastry.

I've tried posting pictures but all I get is ' this file was too big to upload '. HELP. In words I'm going to understand. Incidentally I'm trying to upload from my iPad.

bloody hell jok your going all Michelin star on us :)

I use flickr for pictures but most use photobucket

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/page/index.html/_/hunting-news/adding-forum-images-using-photobucket-r42

I was watching an old jamie oliver program yesterday called Jamie at Home he was cooking rabbits, pigeon and pheasant mouth watering stuff