well to keep the pie theme going lol we had a baking day as it was lashing down.

Old muttly was on form last night 5 out of 6 so we had a few rabbits for grub and stopped

Braised in cider with leek and streaky bacon. Picked meat off the bone and reduced the sauce and added a dash of cream. Also made some stewing steak pies and threw some black currants in a bit of left over pastry for a desert pie as well :thumbs:

24488646849_be5a53ff6c_c.jpg

24738394902_6e4f11ea8c_c.jpg

24762812651_fd30eb0646_c.jpg

24560774500_93d26809ca_c.jpg

• Like 13

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well to keep the pie theme going lol we had a baking day as it was lashing down. Old muttly was on form last night 5 out of 6 so we had a few rabbits for grub and stopped Braised in cider wit

I'm getting plenty of daytime rabbits at the moment, filling the freezer with a pastry variation of my rabbit loin and bacon cottage pie.     Quick and easy, tasty too. Recipe here. http://www.ur

Like the glaze on your pies lol, is that organic egg wash ?

Free range aldi lol. Cheers folks I enjoying bit of cooking then the odd day I just cant be arsed and its some thing out a tin :laugh:

Nothing wrong with the odd tin mate, cannot eat big old home made pies all the time, you'd end up like a hoose end lol

Like the glaze on your pies lol, is that organic egg wash ?

Free range aldi lol. Cheers folks I enjoying bit of cooking then the odd day I just cant be arsed and its some thing out a tin :laugh:

Nothing wrong with the odd tin mate, cannot eat big old home made pies all the time, you'd end up like a hoose end lol

true that they do weigh heavy I walked the dog last night and thought mmm bit too much pastry today lol

• Like 1

Well Terryd the mix worked not too bad but I don't altogether agree with quantities (BBC puff pastry recipe). I did all the mixing, cling film, fridge, out, roll, fold, fridge, out, roll, fold, fridge,out roll fold. All that took best part of an hour. Beef with onion and potato cooked to perfection. Rolled out and sized the pastry, lined the dish,filled and capped. Pre heated oven165 and in went pie for 45 mins. Daughter arrived,sat down with dinner, nice pie dad. I asked if she noticed anything different to whit, no not really. Moral. Buy the stuff or stick to short crust. Must try harder.

• Like 1