Sign in to follow this  
jeppi26

Goldfinch And Other Native Birds

As a lad( not that long ago lol) I was told that yellow wagtails come in different races, or types. Lots of greys and pieds here tho

As a lad( not that long ago lol) I was told that yellow wagtails come in different races, or types. Lots of greys and pieds here tho

Heard the same thing said about illegal immigrants

Ill second th herats Stripped sun hearts can't beat it. Give them one winters good feed they always return. More fat in the hearts. A must is only finch feeders as they don't like the compotition

post-93982-0-98481100-1455753535.png

post-93982-0-06683200-1455753588.jpeg

• Like 2

strange that they look in great condition apart from the legs

It finaly takes the legs right off them and then they die,i recon the nesting season won't go to well for them either and i predict a nationwide massive drop in numbers of them the next few years,apart from catching them all and trying to treat it indervidualy i can't see any way of helping them either...
never heard of or seen it on wild birds, but just reading about it there they say it a mite causes it a bit like scaley face on a budgie
if you look at the photo`s i put up, the scaley leg (Mites) are distinguishable from Fringilla papillomavirus that looks like a build up of warts, shown in the first three pictures.

Is there anything that can be put in water or feeder that could cure it

iv plenty mite Pete good stuff throw it every where baths perches nests Evan threw big amounts of seed.its vgood