Mooching Dog

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the best mooching dogs are made, not bred. out at as early an age as possible. No lead, no slip. Just out with its owner. At every opportunity. Finding, chasing and learning. Its no surprise that mo

I've mostly kept Mouching dawgs   Back in the day,..I did own one or two lamping/coursing types, good honest triers ,that pulled down the odd hare and deer,..but nowadays, I only need a wee cur dog

Love a good mooch..I've a smart mooching bitch she works alone or with a couple of terriers great nose drive and agility and a good strike on her .. collie/ grey

Posted Images

• 2 years later...

Nice posts here. Food for thought. Only ever had one bunny while mooching with my bitsa (whippet/beddy and a bit of deerhound/grey/saluki), but have to be careful as the little beast thinks he's a deerhound and there are quite a lot of roe round here. Struggle to get out early enough having a young family but he does try hard when I can. He will get into cover when there's a bunny in there but I would like a little helper for him, a terrier or something. I like the idea of a ferret in your pocket as well.

• Like 1
On 07/02/2016 at 18:48, s.e.s.k.u said:

ate I see what you mean lolpost-52869-0-58982700-1454870882_thumb.jpeg racier than she looks on some photos ??

Real nice bitch she is mate.  Is that the one you got from wales, 3/4 grey/collie to a pure collie?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, s.e.s.k.u said:

Always 100%

960FA7B0-B74C-4367-A81D-5CBA723333B8.jpeg

A27BDC74-EB9B-40AA-8C5F-B688ABAAD5F8.jpeg

there no doubt about it , border collies, kelpies , or there xs make great mooching /feretting  dogs, they seem to have natural feel for it, old Bryn still brill at it finding  game anything with a pulse  lol ,   nice mooching dog that rough/ready handle  any cover, my 2 will go through anything to get game, more so  my big dog, he gets down low and crawls through lol .