• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the eating outside setup in my garden, being covered with twin wall poly we don't worry when it rains. We even BBQ stuff in the winter and fetch it in to eat. You can see the smoker alongside

Ready for the egg wash.

I made a smoker from a 2 drawer filing cabinet. It has a hole in the bottom where a burner ring sits, which is used for hot smoking. If I need to cold smoke, there is a metal flap which folds down cov

Posted Images

Got a hide them pics from the lovely one. I've got my bar, undercover same as and the hot tub. She might get ideas above her station with the seating etc. Very nice and looks very comfy, credit it to you.

Yes DF the burner is off the blue bottle and under the smoker. The material goes on the sliding tray which is directly undneath the perforated produce tray. This is big enough for my mackerel but probably would make something bigger for meats, sausages and the like. Not a bad idea with the filing drawer cabinet. I can see how that works well.

Well, i've just made my first attempt at a pie filling, and this is it- 3 medium onions roughly chopped then gently fried in oil for about 10 minutes, then added a large knob of unsalted butter with 2 large sliced carrots, 4 sliced cloves of garlic, 4 sliced forrestiere mushrooms, about 1.5 lb of venison haunch, sea salt flakes, teaspoon of pepper, mixed herbs, 440 ml can of xx original guinness and a scattering of plain flour, and some water to cover, poured into pyrex ovenproof dish, could have done with a bigger one lol, lid on, and in the oven slow cooking, smells lovely, top it off with vintage cheddar tomorrow, and make a base, and lid with puff pastry

• Like 4

By Eck LPD that's a likely mix. Puff pastry base??. Hope it doesn't raise like the lid or you're gonna have a messy oven. We did ok again today. Rabbits and pigeons. Be trying something else soon.lol.

• Like 1

By Eck LPD that's a likely mix. Puff pastry base??. Hope it doesn't raise like the lid or you're gonna have a messy oven. We did ok again today. Rabbits and pigeons. Be trying something else soon.lol.

Lol, wonder if that's why the recipe said to cook it on the bottom of the oven to stop the bottom raising ?, anyway it's a recipe that i liked the look of in one of jamie olivers books, steak, guinness, and cheddar, just altered a bit to suit myself, must have been on the bottom of the oven for a good hour, then i put it on the middle shelf for about 15 minutes to get a bit more colour, and it rose nicely top only lol, very nice, and i'm well chuffed with my first attempt, still got enough filling left to make another one aswell
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...