I've got a lightforce striker 170 non-variable lamp.

Would it be easier/cheaper to sell it and buy a variable power one or is it a simple task to wire some sort of dimmer onto it?

if you can hang on a few weeks ill have them for sale with the dimmer and they will be cheeper

The cheapest way of dimming a "lamp" (I'm presuming that is the English terminology for a spotlight used for hunting) is what I've done for many years, and quite some years done as a pro rabbit shooter in central Australia.

On the nights when the bunnies don't like a bright light, I used to just smear the lens with blood till you get the desired intensity.

When finished, just wash it off.

Simple, yet effective.

:thumbs:

The cheapest way of dimming a "lamp" (I'm presuming that is the English terminology for a spotlight used for hunting) is what I've done for many years, and quite some years done as a pro rabbit shooter in central Australia.

On the nights when the bunnies don't like a bright light, I used to just smear the lens with blood till you get the desired intensity.

When finished, just wash it off.

Simple, yet effective.

:thumbs:

Now thats a new one on me...! Walshie, let us know how you get on. ;)

Hmmm. Yes I can see how that would work in theory, but how do I do it the first time if I don't have any blood handy? :hmm:

I'd like to be able to dim and brighten at will, so I can use just the right amount of light to see what I'm shooting, but not too much to scare it off, on a shot by shot basis.

My rifle mounted lamp has an on/off/dimmer switch wired inline, but i haven't seen them for sale and I don't want to butcher that one to get the switch.

Hmmm. Yes I can see how that would work in theory, but how do I do it the first time if I don't have any blood handy? :hmm:

I'd like to be able to dim and brighten at will, so I can use just the right amount of light to see what I'm shooting, but not too much to scare it off, on a shot by shot basis.

My rifle mounted lamp has an on/off/dimmer switch wired inline, but i haven't seen them for sale and I don't want to butcher that one to get the switch.

I presume you fellas have knives over there ????????? ,,,,,,,,,,, and you've got fingers with blood in em ??????????

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by Die Judicii

I got one of these, stripped the inside from it and mounted the whole circuit board and dimmer switch into my Deben Max, that had room to do it, just. You may have a problem doing that with a Lightforce, but you should be able to cobble together an external unit if you can't.

They are so cheap it must be worth a try.

My unit it still working a treat.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12V-8A-LED-Light-Protect-Strip-Dimmer-Adjustable-Brightness-Controller-s/221981145681?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35310%26meid%3D13c2bbdd6200454898d62b1f92cf4623%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D290876376473

• Like 1

I presume you fellas have knives over there ????????? ,,,,,,,,,,, and you've got fingers with blood in em ??????????

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Is that you Edwin Neal ?