a hunt of epic proportions

called one of my shooting buds see if he wanted to go for a wonder round for a few hours , when he pulled up at the house the heavens opened ( great fun ) we still decided to go and hope that it would blow over ..

Then after a bit of pushing and grunting (not so good start) due to a flat battery we arrived at the ground.

once there we had a quick walk round and made are way to the edge of the woods . After a few short flash's with the lamp i spoted a bunnie sitting proud just waiting for the HMR, another quick flash to confirm location and bug**r me a fox had appeared in the thicket behind the bunnie, so we sat tight and squeaked it in a little , after a min or so we flicked on the lamp and there in front of us about 80 yards was a nice pair of eyes without any hesitation crack went the .223 and the fox's dropped ..

Must Admit i was well chuffed to say the least as I've been trying for a fox with the .223 for a while now and whilst I've had them in range a few times the backstops have been insufficient to shoot ..

Talk about starting the night with a high ..

we then walked a few more fields and RK on the HMR bagged a bunny from about 100 yards after that we spotted a fox at around 200 yards but the shot wasn't safe so we tried to move possition to get it in front of a good back stop but we got winded in the end. The second shot RK made was great as the bunnie only stopped running for a second or two before he plugged it .

Its a shame it started to rain as we had just got setup in a cracking spot for the bunnies on a cache of bricks stacked 3 high which had just been placed there which made a great high shooting platform to work from. Needless to say i,m sure we will be there again next week weather permitting ..

The rifle at the top of the pic is a CZ 452 varmint 16" hmr bedded into a Richards microfit tac-driver stock. The lower pic is a bedded .223 CZ 527 American with T4AR mod that just loves hornady 40rg v-max

post-7902-1196103721_thumb.jpg

Edited by auto culto