What Should I Do

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some saluki types never put weight on. Even though they have access to unlimited food they still look like an RSPCA advert. It's just their 'way'.   However, having spent my lifetime involved in the

Never have trouble holding weight on mine, hes on about 2 sky remotes a week and whatever the c@nt pulls out the bin...   Seriously, sardines in tomato sauce, raw eggs, raw chicken wings, slice of b

I find green tripe puts the weight on

Also keep the dog warm. They burn fat keeping warm this time of year. You can add some sardines in oil ( not in brine, salt is not good for dogs) to the diet and any fatty meat. If you are feeding dry food, make sure the oil content is quite high, at least 15% or more.

• Like 2

Some saluki types never put weight on. Even though they have access to unlimited food they still look like an RSPCA advert. It's just their 'way'.

However, having spent my lifetime involved in the saluki lurcher I can safely state that , IMO, the best thing for gaining weight is plenty of butchers waste and a nice, warm bed.....

If i had to choose, I'd say lamb ribs is about the best for packing weight onto a dog.......

However, some saluki types simply don't have an appetite and there's nothing you can do to force them to eat!

• Like 5

All of the above,plenty of bedding and a dam good insulated kennel (when its really cold i also got a goretex coat for my old lurcher bitch (I never let anyone see her with it on mind lol)use tidy wormers and see how it goes,keep us informed.atb dc

Is this pet mince eny good..as I don't real no what's in it tbh.mine do have a pound of it daliy though .mine also has chicken thighs. Wings .eggs paster.dry food allwats down.fish and all the good stuff.my older dog look well.this pup not so.I may drop the pound of pet mince and up the other foods?

• Like 1

I have had sals that look like they need rescuing no matter what u do. jen first crosses are often the same. yet most of the quality line bred stuff builds up a treat. no good me talking about diet mine only gets bread and gravy lol. atb two crows.

• Like 2

Well there's nothing you can do about it matey. Just work her and enjoy her. :thumbs: You'll probably find that she puts a bit of weight on over the years.

There is one more trick to try to get her to eat more and that is hand feeding her with the other dogs and maybe the 'competition' will force her into bolting down more than she normally would. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Feeding the mince and the whole barf diet is very very good but if your going to do that you must make sure youve got the diet bang on because if you miss bits out the dog could end missing certain things it needs to grow strong. My dogs have always done great with the best dog biscuits i can get my hands on and i just supplement that with meat and other bits because i dont have the time to mess around with barf or i would.

• Like 1

Feeding the mince and the whole barf diet is very very good but if your going to do that you must make sure youve got the diet bang on because if you miss bits out the dog could end missing certain things it needs to grow strong. My dogs have always done great with the best dog biscuits i can get my hands on and i just supplement that with meat and other bits because i dont have the time to mess around with barf or i would.

Very true. I was too busy banging bowls full of meat into my first pup that I was missing out on the correct ratios of calcium, phosphorous and vitamin D. A few weeks on a low protein complete biscuit did the job and then I was more careful to balance it out better.

• Like 1