Sign in to follow this  
devon flighter

This Years Youngsters 2016

I'm doing much the same.Bad hatches both in the incubators and under broodies most have been failing just before hatching.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that! You know I few people have been struggling! I've done ok but still early hens with chicks now can get another later hatch out of them! Atb!

• Like 1

seems to be spread around the country then by the sounds ! anyone any ideas whats causing it ? weather perhaps ,though last year was not brill here ,mind in all fairness i was later rearing last year !

Hello,

Posting pics on behalf of belucky, he's having a bit of trouble uploading pics at the moment.

A mixture of Hennie muffs, Hennie, Taiwan.

Belucky will give a better description.

post-87001-0-37710900-1463313046_thumb.jpg

Don't know just different years and winters aren't proper cold anymore doesn't kill all the germs! They look nice belucky! Atb

Don't know just different years and winters aren't proper cold anymore doesn't kill all the germs! They look nice belucky! Atb

cheers keeper, I haven't had the best of years more so with the big birds , lots dying in the shell , I have ended up with over 20 of the irish muffed hennies , some still in the brooder and some quite well on (in the pics)

Same all over mate! It's just one of them years I think ! Got myself a terrier pup off my mate the bitch only had 1 pup !

• Like 1

set another broody today on some greys and partridg/lb red see what happens this time :rolleyes: and another lot due next sunday/monday

Incubator did well for me about 140 off. Had 32 outta 34 egg's from the states too. Hens haven't done to well though. 4 and 5 chick hatches when mostly about 10+. Maybe it's something to do with the cold nights.

Hatch. 2 different family's. There was 38 sent but only 34 fertile. Still good to say they've come all that way.

• Like 1