Sign in to follow this  
devon flighter

This Years Youngsters 2016

after the success of last years thread by belucky i thought id start one this year to save trawling through old threads ! what you up to this year ? whats your plans ? ive just had a hatch of some oxford types under a young broody , hopefully be some greys among them ! not a brilliant result %age wise but thats down to me ,6 good chicks from 13 set ( 7 hatched ,1 died , and 2 just not quite made it out ) from young birds "last years" i will put up some pics in a few days

• Like 1

No plans as yet, nothing concrete anyway.

HedgCrawler, that's not good having your birds knicked!

You have a good head start Devon, I hope they do well for you.

Atb

any ideas who hedge crawler ?f *****g lowlifes ,its only now after a couple of years in that i fully realize just how much effort goes into getting decent stock together ,good luck with getting replacements

Would of been breeding my shamos this year if the breeding flock wasn't nicked before Christmas,leaving me with 2 hens.

I have got a shamo x stag here you can have if you want it pm if you like

• Like 2

Thanks for such a generous offer but ive decided not to proceed with them for now and focus on my other birds this year but thank you for the offer.

heres a couple of my first hatch ,ill get something better in a couple of days hopefully ,managed 6 ,trying to stabilize some greys hopefully ,the broody is just a pullet but shes done well with the sitting and getting them about !

0e4f3ad0-6c34-4f98-9835-8d8ab95029c8_zps

f3536f84-87fb-4a84-bac9-e6eaf8629d7d_zps

dropped the coop to the floor today chicks were struggling to get the message when the broody called them up yesterday (the ramp was a bit steep though )

Here's my first hatch of the year.4 golden and 1 lady amherst pheasants.Still more to go and a goose egg due in a couple days.

post-101633-0-58387900-1462454664.jpg

post-101633-0-90949700-1462454687.jpg

• Like 2

good luck with the rest ! i must try and get some more pics of mine up , not having a brilliant season hatch wise compared to last but slowly building up a bit of stock to work with.