fourtrak73

Spaniel X Running Dog

The last post his in theory correct but there will always be odd ones from beddy types and collie types. I seen the collie spaniel Lurcher xs and they were very good and far away better for the hunt up type lurchermans dog. And we're very stable and no hypeer what so ever. With bags a stamina drive and phenomenal scenting abilities and of course very biddable.easy train .atb bunnys.

1 hour ago, Shortstraw said:

Lot more obedient/trainable than bedlington cross.  More drive to get on hunting than collie x.

That's my thoughts as someone who's had more experience with spaniels than lurchers. Why don't we see more of them? Anyone got a greyhound bitch?!

23 minutes ago, Mustelid said:

That's my thoughts as someone who's had more experience with spaniels than lurchers. Why don't we see more of them? Anyone got a greyhound bitch?!

I would think the straight spaniel grey could be headstrong, and maybe hyper ,when spaniel xes with say a collie or terrier beddy etc,chances are they steady down better for the creation of a Lurcher xes to a Fast Lurcher mixing it up  has wonderful affects on the outcome of the Lurcher.a blip sometimes gets better than large dollops of a breed..atb bunnys

2 hours ago, billhardy said:

I would think the straight spaniel grey could be headstrong, and maybe hyper ,when spaniel xes with say a collie or terrier beddy etc,chances are they steady down better for the creation of a Lurcher xes to a Fast Lurcher mixing it up  has wonderful affects on the outcome of the Lurcher.a blip sometimes gets better than large dollops of a breed..atb bunnys

Springer x lurcher..... not head strong....very responsive to commands......real stealth hunter.....if you get your kicks from watching a dog hunt....nice dog.

Going on those I have seen and heard about the running dog side seems to have a steadying affect on the offspring though I would prefer one if the dame side of the breeding was the springer tbh some will argue their is no difference.

Edited by tatsblisters
spelling mistake

4 hours ago, billhardy said:

The best spaniels about today are not at all hyperactive. They hunt hard, but are honest and biddable. If anything the modern day spaniel has need bred to be easily trained and many spaniel men complain that modern dogs are too soft.

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Going on those I have seen and heard about the running dog side seems to have a steadying affect on the offspring though I would prefer one if the dame side of the breeding was the springer tbh some will argue their is no difference.

Mine was the dam.....

Those spaniel collies I knows and seen were always dam cbeing the base the Lurcher sire does make a difference the dam carries em and nurses em she has a lot ta say on those welps nurture nature etc.atb bunnys

2 hours ago, Shortstraw said:

Springer x lurcher..... not head strong....very responsive to commands......real stealth hunter.....if you get your kicks from watching a dog hunt....nice dog.

Old mate bred some from a eigtheen inch rytex springer xs Welsh collie bitch ,sire was fast type line bred saluki greyhound bred down from old  ds line rip.they come very decent twenty one inch bird rabbit dogs very very steady  retrieve was very natural some were trained to find drugs and narcotics and did so on mooching trips find stuff hung in trees the lot rediciously good far far and aways better drive and scenting ability than the normal mooching type base breeds the spaniel blood took them to another level and ta boot cheep ta keep and they were not on top when in places where one should not be we had a little bitch here she went on to become a real good little bitch and was sent to find all sorts game these had no quirks one can get with some of the base types . And they were on par with any small Lurcher type for speed .atb bunnys

• Like 1

my father always told me that before & during the war rabbits were either trapped, ferreted or netted & spaniel/lurchers were the only type of dog to have. Would love to find a decent working line!

Just had a dog pup back from the litter I had earlier in the year

so if anyone wants to take a chance on it give me a pm and we will go from there.

spaniel x patterdale / bull x grey 

53B5B12A-7EC8-4820-9AEF-3D742E64330D.jpeg

07BA7B8F-9898-46BA-A25D-9AA06F769B11.png

4050FDCE-C0FF-4F79-BDCC-BF261708251F.png

B27D4AD3-6969-478E-9FD2-E6A03DA88F79.png

A08182E0-FC51-474C-BC84-DAC5BF4D99C2.jpeg

498E3BBF-2776-4137-9D0E-51BF254F37CD.jpeg

• Like 1