Spaniel X Running Dog

What's the benefits of putting a gun dog x running dog

well if a lab, good feet+coat, good stamina brain, and natural retriever thats from the gun dog, the speed from the running dog , a 3/8 lab - 5/8 grey make good lurcher :yes:

I just thought the gundog would take a lot of the speed from the running dog. But I suppose it's all down to the breeding

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just put my jrtxwhippet over my patterdalexspringer. I'm not sure the pups, if the mating even takes, can really be called lurchers but I'm hoping for some fast and driven mooching dogs. The russ

Mine is 3 this month I believe. Dam spaniel.....sire lurcher,,, she's 21 inch and quite long, heavyish front end, but lurcher looking from back....when sat looks nothing like a lurcher.   It's unus

Been out with her again today knocked a rabbit out the reeds it didn't get two foot before she picked it up. She also missed two pheasants by millimetres but she will get the hang of that. A real plea

Posted Images

What's the benefits of putting a gun dog x running dog

well if a lab, good feet+coat, good stamina brain, and natural retriever thats from the gun dog, the speed from the running dog , a 3/8 lab - 5/8 grey make good lurcher :yes:

I just thought the gundog would take a lot of the speed from the running dog. But I suppose it's all down to the breeding

yeh in some cases it would, but the 3/8 x 5/8 you got running dog both sides, these type prob never catch a daytime hare pre ban, but in the lamp they fill your freezer :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ive got a gsp bitch I use for abit of rough shooting and cover work with the rest of my dogs and although shes doesnt work the way ive saw alot of pointers work she still grafts for me her nose is 2nd to none she covers ground like a hoover brilliant dog for me

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Mine is 3 this month I believe. Dam spaniel.....sire lurcher,,, she's 21 inch and quite long, heavyish front end, but lurcher looking from back....when sat looks nothing like a lurcher.

It's unusual to see a half cross that's not thrown black with a bit of white on it.

I can't comment on what all spaniel lurchers are going to work like as an all round lurcher as I only use mine for daytime mooching, but I pretty sure for daytime hunting you'll get a grafter.

Mines given me more pleasure to work in the daytime than any other lurcher I have owned. She would stand out in a crowd of much faster more suited looking lurchers at daytime hunting.

If a first cross lurcher is your thing then I can't think of any other lurcher first cross that's generally available that would touch a spaniel/ gundog lurcher at day time mooching.....

Sorry same old photos...i'll have to take some more

fa73d72b65c974ce25c8347dc849cf46.jpg

f9383dc6ca2f3b57b8da274315298ac2.jpg

Edited by wuyang
  • Like 6

Mine is 3 this month I believe. Dam spaniel.....sire lurcher,,, she's 21 inch and quite long, heavyish front end, but lurcher looking from back....when sat looks nothing like a lurcher.

It's unusual to see a half cross that's not thrown black with a bit of white on it.

I can't comment on what all spaniel lurchers are going to work like as an all round lurcher as I only use mine for daytime mooching, but I pretty sure for daytime hunting you'll get a grafter.

Mines given me more pleasure to work in the daytime than any other lurcher I have owned. She would stand out in a crowd of much faster more suited looking lurchers at daytime hunting.put sum new pics up pal

If a first cross lurcher is your thing then I can't think of any other lurcher first cross that's generally available that would touch a spaniel/ gundog lurcher at day time mooching.....

• 2 weeks later...

Mines given me more pleasure to work in the daytime than any other lurcher I have owned. She would stand out in a crowd of much faster more suited looking lurchers at daytime hunting.

Hi I think I may have the sister to your bitch, if not then its an absolute double, mine was bred in the midlands born 27 april 14, they are bedy whippet greyhound cross working springer. my bitch is also very good all rounder and no slouch on a rabbit. I have just bred her to a first cross whippet greyhound. nice to see others with this bit of a rare cross.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Sorry same old photos...i'll have to take some morefa73d72b65c974ce25c8347dc849cf46.jpgf9383dc6ca2f3b57b8da274315298ac2.jpg

Hi I think I may have the sister to your bitch, if not then its an absolute double, mine was bred in the midlands born 27 april 14, they are bedy whippet greyhound cross working springer. my bitch is also very good all rounder and no slouch on a rabbit. I have just bred her to a first cross whippet greyhound. nice to see others with this bit of a rare cross.

No........different litter......She was an accidental mating, game keepers spaniel and very old lurcher. Her sire was a big old lad. I picked her up from a Hackness Grange North Yorkshire.....born end June/July.......they do all seem to look like peas in a pod.

I pretty sure I talk to a bloke on here who might have had one out of that litter you talk about,,,, I don't know for sure, but I know his had bedlington and whippet in the lurcher side.

Edited by wuyang