fourtrak73

Spaniel X Running Dog

Its first real season coming on well, eager to please, always got its nose down. Its not the fastest bitch in the world but doesn't miss much, perfect in the reedy fields. Belongs to my pal Ste, another season under its belt to calm down and it will be perfect. A few pics.post-27532-0-00829000-1453665991_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice bitch that.

W.K - mate of mine has got a collie/bull/grey X lab and it's a handy dog to have about. Day or night.

Aye I been out with a few, and growing up had pleasure to get out and learn of an ole guy that kept retreiver crosses, and for edible game these dogs were hard to better

Always had a soft spot for the gun dog crosses, iv always thought about lab cross tbh

I could do with a few down here I'm going to have a heart attack walking these mountains before something gets up lol.

Get some a them collie crosses ye man on dvd has got, if I still stayed in South Wales that's what I'd have

• Like 2

Get some a them collie crosses ye man on dvd has got, if I still stayed in South Wales that's what I'd have

I've got these pair now.rex has a good nose it's letting him see what he is scenting that's the problem.after a few I'm sure he will hunt up its getting the few though lol.

• Like 1

If anyone has a fast bitch they want to line with a spaniel I know just the dog. I'll even pay the stud fee if I can have a pup!

What size has the dog made is it a first cross spaniel greyhound.

Do you know how any of the other pups have turned out.

It is a cross I have often fancied for the ferreting we do.

Does the dog mark sets.

Made about 18/19 inches. Spaniel x lurcher. Don't know how the other pups turned out. Ste has put a lot of work into this bitch, it marks walls, sets and reeds. Amazing little bitch considering its her first season, excellent to watch. Very busy little bitch and she aims to please. If I had the space I would have one myself.

I remember seeing her catch her first rabbit that had ran down a hill. We'd had a few flights with my hawk and thought we'd bolt one for his young lurcher. She learnt her trade from a young age following my pointer about.

Been out with her again today knocked a rabbit out the reeds it didn't get two foot before she picked it up. She also missed two pheasants by millimetres but she will get the hang of that. A real pleasure to watch.

• Like 4