Work Shotguns, Whats Everyone Using?

Having just given up on my Benelli Vinci ive found im at a bit of a loss to what im going to replace it with. Been using my old M1 recently but considering trying an SX3.

I've always been a die hard believer in Benellis, no doubt the toughest guns going, but think its time to try another make (with a longer stock) since I've only ever used a Nell.

What would you recommend, got to be able to be an 8 shot at least, tough and reliable. And I appreciate the guys that use their auto every other weekend recommending something but I'm really after the opinions of the guy dragging theirs about with them all day getting bashed smashed and dropped, full of grime and keeps going.. basically rough ba###rd proof :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd second a pump gun. But, I know auto's have proven their reliability in the worst environments. So, if you have one you like why not look at having the LOP adjusted. If your lucky a recoil pad may do the trick. If not, then spacers added will set you right.

I use one of these on my 870.

Pachmayr-Decelerator-Brown-Slip-On-Recoi

Having just given up on my Benelli Vinci ive found im at a bit of a loss to what im going to replace it with. Been using my old M1 recently but considering trying an SX3.

I've always been a die hard believer in Benellis, no doubt the toughest guns going, but think its time to try another make (with a longer stock) since I've only ever used a Nell.

What would you recommend, got to be able to be an 8 shot at least, tough and reliable. And I appreciate the guys that use their auto every other weekend recommending something but I'm really after the opinions of the guy dragging theirs about with them all day getting bashed smashed and dropped, full of grime and keeps going.. basically rough ba###rd proof :thumbs:

How come you got rid of the benelli ? I though with the benelli inertia driven semi that dust mud water ( usual day work) wouldn't bother it and that it would still cycle fine..the benelli and berreta and franchi all use the same inertia driven system as its made by beretta in same factory......the franchi affinity one is 550 to 600 new with a 7 year warranty....built by same people who are building berreta and benelli but at half 3/4 the price

• 3 weeks later...

I just couldn't hit a barn door with the vinci, tried adjusting it and lining it up no end, shot a hell of a lot better with my old M1, thought id give something else a try, getting on with the beretta A400 so far, even though I don't trust the gas system

• 3 weeks later...

Every young keeper I know has to have an 8 shot Benelli.

Every old keeper I know laughs at the the young keepers with their 8 shot Benellis.

Likewise every young keeper has to have a dedicated foxing rifle with preferably a nigh sight if not thermal.

Every old keeper I know is happy to have the odd fox around, and if they need removing know how to set wires and where to look with a terrier.

Its a fashion thing

Editted to add, the SX3 is a nice gun for the price.

Edited by mudman
  • Like 4

I have an SX3 and I love it, I bought a brand new O/U and it has been out the box once in 18 month......I just reach for that semi for everything

• Like 1