Road Kill Badger

I'd be fecking wary of having any badger remains in the house when you keep digging terriers.

Fecking bollocks that it could land you in hot water but that's the way things are in this day and age :no:

• Like 4

Right I would just like to know where I stand before I harvest the head from a long dead Brock which is laying on the verge on my way home from work . If I take photos to prove it is a road casualty can I be done for having it

If your in the UK yes you can face prosecution, I did the very same my self picked up a road kill badger, applied for a RTA certificate ( road traffic accident) within two days the police were round with rspca and badger protection group and I was threaten that if I was to interfere with a protected species dead or alive again I would face prosecution. I argued black and blue it would have been squashed all over the road, not interested any of them……..next time leave it be or face being charged. They then took the badger away to dump in a field for nature to take its coarse
there needs to be a law passed against the police using these biased charities every time the badgers are even thought off, fs it's like the old burning of witches from medieval times, these antis have hammered into joe public that these creatures have special powers and all the other bullshiite for too long now.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard of a bloke that was so fed up with them he went down the cash n' carry, bought a gurt tub of peanut butter and spread it on the cats eyes on the main road next to his farm....

The law's mad when it comes to these things and as for the RSPCA their original (and once very defendable) mandate has been lost with the progressive intake of militant townies who think the countryside is an extension of their garden.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just a quicky lads I'm a taxidermist from Nottingham and probably no most of the laws .when u find a badger so we're just u your head when u take it .its not illegal to take a badger of the rd but u have to tell yourself how the badger got there in the first place ? Let's say u take it home in good faith then have it mounted then the RSPCA se it in your house they could take it for exray ? Then se bullet marks in skin or bite marks from dogs or hit buy a sump on road witch it fine .so just be a bit weary lads when picking one up ok lads

• Like 2

Just a quicky lads I'm a taxidermist from Nottingham and probably no most of the laws .when u find a badger so we're just u your head when u take it .its not illegal to take a badger of the rd but u have to tell yourself how the badger got there in the first place ? Let's say u take it home in good faith then have it mounted then the RSPCA se it in your house they could take it for exray ? Then se bullet marks in skin or bite marks from dogs or hit buy a sump on road witch it fine .so just be a bit weary lads when picking one up ok lads

bite marks from dogs? how can they tell, for badgers are always fighting amongst themselves and theyre savage fights

Edited by Lenmcharristar
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Its true the onus is on you to prove it wasn't killed unlawfully but there is no law saying you can't have badger parts in your possession .

That seems a bit contradictory, maybe we should just clarify the exact position:

Here's a direct quote from section 1(3) of the badgers Act 1992: "A person is guilty of an offence if, except as permitted by or under this Act, he has in his possession or under his control any dead badger or any part of, or anything derived from, a dead badger."

The caveat is the next section 1(4):

"A person is not guilty of an offence under subsection (3) above if he shows that—

(a)

the badger had not been killed, or had been killed otherwise than in contravention of the provisions of this Act or of the M1Badgers Act 1973; or

(B)

the badger or other thing in his possession or control had been sold (whether to him or any other person) and, at the time of the purchase, the purchaser had had no reason to believe that the badger had been killed in contravention of any of those provisions.

The Question by the OP is about ensuring he can show he is complying with 1(4)a so he doesn't get prosecuted by some overzealous person under the very real (i.e. it exists) section 1(3)!"

Seems clear, but vague at the same time. i.e. clear that you can possess if you can show that you came about it lawfully, but vague as to how exactly you do that.

• Like 1