My Updated Bsa Ultra

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I decided to have a longer cylinder on my BSA ultra se ,but after speaking to Carl from http://www.airtechrifles.co.uk/ he said i needed a shroud as well ordered a 325 cylinder and a carbon fiber 28

Hope it fulfils the need you had for the work on it and that it brings and gives years of enjoyment, good hunting.   All the best

Well, I dropped off my .177 Ultra SE with Carl yesterday. I will next be in the area in about a fortnight's time, and can't wait for the result! Without prompting, Carl spent over 30 mins explaining

Posted Images

I hope B.S.A and others are reading these forums because lads like these can turn B.S.A , Daystate, etc, etc, around big style.

They must of some where ,thats why the BSA r10 super carbine came out because the lads were putting on the ultra barrel on the r10 !!

• Like 1

It looks fantastic Mitch, forgive me for asking but what was the total spend, £125 for shroud and cylinder and what for the reg and tune and did you have Carl do the reg/tune.

Phil

XTX AIR did the reg and tune ,but what i should of done , got Carl to do the whole lot would of been about £100 cheaper , live and learn

This is what Carl said on another post

To do a full tune to a ultra SE that is fitting a regulator fitting a larger air cylinder replacing the complete hammer system replacing the hammer spring guide doing other work recrowning the barrel porting the barrel throat and fitting a shroud silencer in anodized black alluminium is £180 i also do full carbon fibre shroud silencers in gloss or matt these on there own are £75 but if i do the full tune i do these along with the tune for £220 with a 325mm air cylinder and the full tune you can expect around 100 to 115 consistant shots.

That is quite impressive Mitch and I have just printed this post to pop into my file as a possible route for the future, thank you.

Phil

It looks fantastic Mitch, forgive me for asking but what was the total spend, £125 for shroud and cylinder and what for the reg and tune and did you have Carl do the reg/tune.

Phil

XTX AIR did the reg and tune ,but what i should of done , got Carl to do the whole lot would of been about £100 cheaper , live and learn

To do a full tune to a ultra SE that is fitting a regulator fitting a larger air cylinder replacing the complete hammer system replacing the hammer spring guide doing other work recrowning the barrel porting the barrel throat and fitting a shroud silencer in anodized black alluminium is £180 i also do full carbon fibre shroud silencers in gloss or matt these on there own are £75 but if i do the full tune i do these along with the tune for £220 with a 325mm air cylinder and the full tune you can expect around 100 to 115 consistant shots.

That is quite impressive Mitch and I have just printed this post to pop into my file as a possible route for the future, thank you.

Phil

Fair comment, and no doubt (hopefully) it will shoot and feel better, but you still only have 12ft lb just like any other air rifle.

Fine for some, but if you want a decent rifle who on earth would start with an Ultra anyway?!

Just an opinion.

:thumbs:

Phil

Phil

Fair comment, and no doubt (hopefully) it will shoot and feel better, but you still only have 12ft lb just like any other air rifle.

Fine for some, but if you want a decent rifle who on earth would start with an Ultra anyway?!

Just an opinion.

Valid comment and an opinion I kinda agree with. I guess its for shooters that want to make their Ultra 'theirs'.

It is a lot to spend on the rifle in terms of upgrades, about the same as the rifle at original cost, but them ultras are epically good when there good.

I like um, but their just on the small side for me... like a bit of weight in my hands. :D

Phil

Phil

Just an opinion.

A ultra is a decent riffle even with out any work , will match any airgun for accuracy , so who would by a top price gun anyway ? Only saying

• Like 1

Phil

Phil

Just an opinion.

A ultra is a decent riffle even with out any work , will match any airgun for accuracy , so who would by a top price gun anyway ? Only saying

Probably anyone with £200, £300 or £400 burning a hole in their pocket to do up an Ultra.

And unfortunately my Ultra was a heap of junk, back to BSA twice for warranty repair and still not right, so it went!

Phil

Phil

Just an opinion.

Probably anyone with £200, £300 or £400 burning a hole in their pocket to do up an Ultra.

And unfortunately my Ultra was a heap of junk, back to BSA twice for warranty repair and still not right, so it went!

I had the same problem with a daystate regal , I owned the gun for 6 weeks and daystate had it four weeks out of the six and costing nearly double of the ultra at £810

• Like 1

Let's not get carried away here , each to there own I say, that's why there's so many choices; as it's up to them what they want ! No good being negative and pulling there choices down & it's not all about cost it's more about comfort and getting a gun that suits you and your usage

• Like 2

Phil

Phil

Just an opinion.

ERRRR some one like little hunter started shooting at the age of 8

to small to carry a bigger rifle around (even throw he could shoot a hw100, raider, hw97, pro sport and so on with precise accuracy out to 40 yrds off a bench at the range )

But not to hunt with as most are to big and heavy for him

and the ultra suits him down to the ground and will hold its own with the top rifles costing double the price of a new ultra

and will last him for years to come and then some

And not every one has top of the range money to spend on a top of the range rifle

BUT YOU CAN MAKE IT TOP OF THE RANGE by up grading it just like vm has and i am going to do to little hunters ultra

And iv had ALL THE TOP OF THE RANGE AIR RIFLES in spring and pcp apart from daystate rifles as i cant seem to justify £800 to £2000 plus on a air rifle

That a £399 ultra will out shoot every time

And will be in your gun cabinet every time you need it and not at daystates factory getting fix,d

Dont judge all ultras just because you had a bad apple

I had a bad apple in the bsa scorpion sent back to bsa twice just like yours they sent me a new one to replace it never had any bother with it at all.

Just got the ultra back from the RFD,s as it was leaking air had a full new seal kit put in her and its sorted

The one thing that lets the ultra down is the air cylinder 30 shots

So yes im getting one fitted so he has more shots up to 90 from 30 and thats a plus and well worth doing

and yes 30 shots is more than enough out in the field

but i take him to the range a lot to practice and you get sick of having to fill the bloody thing up lol :laugh:

We all do things to our rifles whether its air or shell there is all ways some thing we want to do to make them better

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE IN THE FACTORY'S before they hit the shops.

thats why there are lads out there like xtx air and Carl that can make the rifles better the way they should be from the start

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1