Spent a few days chasing cock up the west coast :laugh: ........was a good do and wasnt expecting any great numbers with the weather being so mild but we were pleasantly suprised. We shot 3 flighting them at dusk coming out of a big forestry block, picked a couple of fire checks in the plantation that seems to channel them and had some good sport.

post-31417-0-09867500-1453195407.jpg

post-31417-0-88026200-1453195428.jpg

• Like 1

Bell, I was going to give you a like but then I seen ol' Puss, but then again I'm Irish and shooting hares in Ireland is punishable by castration :laugh: , they're on the quarry list but it's a no no. Hunting, coursing or nothing.

How do you cook them ?

That's a real nice mixed bag and those Springers are definitely the type I like. Both bitches ?

Is that a Snipe up top of the photo ? Fired at two this Winter, missed both.

There's a few Teal there. This time last year I was feeding two pools with plenty of Teal coming in. This year the first Teal I seen was last Sunday.

Neil, afraid a hares a hare where I come from, no distinction and usually casseroled or the saddle taken off, wrapped in pancetta and roasted rare. Don't want to start world war three with the dog men so will leave it at that lol.

Springer on the right is a dog, 8 years old and probably in his last season now. One on left is my 3 year old bitch and in her prime.

Correct with the snipe, we saw a load one morning and put up maybe 50 in the space of a few hundred yards. Real tricky birds to shoot, put the gun upto loads but never fired as they were away too fast. The teal were there in good numbers as had been feeding a pond just back of the foreshore for a week.

Was a good few days.

• Like 1

I bet it was.

No problem with the shooting of any quarry if it's used and let's face it most Hare hunters chuck her across the ditch after telling themselves how great they are.

For eight years old that dog looks in great nick, I shoot over an eight year old bitch regularly, and the bitch is a beauty too.

Season's near over and you're finishing up nicely.

• Like 1