Yukon Photon Problem

post-88284-0-66038300-1453188117_thumb.jpeg

I bought the new Yukon to put on my .22 but I'm waiting for a picatinny rail so mounted on my tikka .222 ....managed to zero it but had to shim the rear mount to gain elevation ...I have an add on ir 50 torch but it seems to be too powerful ....it works well with the built it on level 3 but only out to about 100 yards ...when I put the ir50 on I can't see anything can the ir50 be too powerful and do I need to go down to the ir 30 anyone else had this problem or offer any advice ?

Edited by MIK

with the old photon i used a t20 and doubler "same ish as what you are using" have you opened the focus up to spread the light around a bit to try ? also try with the daylight cap on !and try different brightness adjustments then possibly try if non of the above work different sized hole in the front cap ,with the old photon i could pick up roe at 4-500 yards and shoot foxes out to 175 yds with good id .i sold it on to a friend but when were out together ive tried looking through the photon and lighting things up with a t67bs ir and thats not to much ,its another world getting used to nv it takes a bit of adjustment all round before you get the best out of it . stick with it and experiment :thumbs:

• Like 1

I use a NM800 (single mode) with an AS pill and an XSearcher head with my Photon. Yes, at close distances it will glare due to the power, but on those occasions I use the lens cap with the middle disc pushed out just to reduce the amount of IR hitting the sensor. At the longer distances I take off the lens cap so that I can capture all the light possible. No problems at all. More light than Las Vegas! :laugh:

Try a different mount as Ian suggested. The figure-of-eight should sort this out for you. :thumbs:

P.S. That is a Tikka isn't it MIK? I would recommend that you get a picatinny rail to fit on top. That will allow you to bring the scope much closer to your eye. I have done it on mine and it works a treat. ;)

Edited by Tremo

I use a NM800 (single mode) with an AS pill and an XSearcher head with my Photon. Yes, at close distances it will glare due to the power, but on those occasions I use the lens cap with the middle disc pushed out just to reduce the amount of IR hitting the sensor. At the longer distances I take off the lens cap so that I can capture all the light possible. No problems at all. More light than Las Vegas! :laugh:

Try a different mount as Ian suggested. The figure-of-eight should sort this out for you. :thumbs:

P.S. That is a Tikka isn't it MIK? I would recommend that you get a picatinny rail to fit on top. That will allow you to bring the scope much closer to your eye. I have done it on mine and it works a treat. ;)

I am waiting for a picatinny rail for my savage 11 which I bought the nv scope for but can't get it till next month so took the s&b scope of and mounted onto the tikka .....it looks to me that I'm getting a bit of glare from the barrel or mod ....I will take it out again tonight and experiment cheers lads