Kelso Or Lacey Roundhead Trios

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never tried an incubator before. I've always used broodies, and prefer game fowl for hatching game fowl if possible.

I found an incubator in the steading which had been used by the previous occupant, though, and fired it up. It seems to be in good order, so I've set a total of 45 eggs (21 of them game fowl). It's an old 'Vision', so I'd be glad of any comments or advice if anyone has used one of these.

• Like 1

I've been thinking on something like the first and third pic down.

I'm gonna re - do everything this summer.

It'll be a mission, but needs done.

I've asked my landlord for some extra ground and he agreed.

Will build new pens and housing. Would love sections roofed, but would cost a fortune.

Got a couple of dead elms to fell first before I start.

I'm doing a job for someone at the moment, in exchange for labour. He is a joiner, so will come in handy.

• Like 1

the breeding pens i built a couple of years back i roofed some and what a difference its made this year to the ground conditions ,its always about space though"never enough" i would have like to have made them bigger but space dictated ! im a believer in buy once cry once and hopefully they will last ! im thinking of roofing some of the ones left and building another roofed pen this year ,it would be nice to be able to move them about but without the ground it aint happening , i will dig some pics off the backup drive tomorrow ld and put them up