Kennels, Is Plastic Fantastic...?

IMG_0220_zpshgyd4xlk.jpg

i used these for manys the years,filled them with straw never had a bother with condensation.I had a few slits cut in the floor just in case but in the winter I used to check the dogs and they were very warm in them.Built block kennels now but couldnt knock these.I used to cut a barrell in half slide one piece over the other and cut a circle through both pieces,20 minutes job done,screw into the end to stop the top from swivelling closed,

• Like 3

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tried my terriers in plastic barrels once upon a time. Horrible things. Condensation ran down the insides and pooled under the bedding, despite the front being open. I would put plastic on a par wit

Here's some what I got nocked up of a old Carpinter insulated floors walls and lid was minus 10 the other day and they was lovely and warm when you lift the lid

I think them yank igloo things look stupid,,,and I seen a pic of your back garden,,,lovely country garden ,,they wouldn't look right.....   Get a good solid tongue and grove shed,,,with a good quali

I think them yank igloo things look stupid,,,and I seen a pic of your back garden,,,lovely country garden ,,they wouldn't look right.....

Get a good solid tongue and grove shed,,,with a good quality runn on,,,possibly made of them galvanised panels,,,inside the shed build some sleeping boxes ,,,,you know what I'm on about you've been about a bit...

The bigger the shed you can afford ,,,the more space you have for other stuff in there,,,,will look far nicer in your garden

• Like 3

Thanks Tomo, although thats exactly what i have now, two galvo barred runs on a shed with kennels built in.

I'm putting a big summer house/shed down the rnd of the garden this year and rather than have two, i was looking for alternatives and as the kennels are near the house, lower the height with boxes for a better view. With the plastic i was just making sure i wasnt living in the dark ages but it seems i'm not!

;)

Wood looks warmer and cosier, not so sure it is though.

What I am sure of is the fact it can absorb and hold infection and disease for years.

It needs to be treated and repaired for its lifetime.

If you have a dog that is a chewer it can turn a sturdy wooden kennel or shed into firewood in no time (I've had them).

I could be wrong but I don't think you can get a breeding or boarding licence now if you have wooden kennels.

Thanks Tomo, although thats exactly what i have now, two galvo barred runs on a shed with kennels built in.

I'm putting a big summer house/shed down the rnd of the garden this year and rather than have two, i was looking for alternatives and as the kennels are near the house, lower the height with boxes for a better view. With the plastic i was just making sure i wasnt living in the dark ages but it seems i'm not!

;)

Get them in that summer house..

Job done lol

• Like 1

image_zpse07ff5m9.jpeg

image_zpscl5bufkt.jpeg

image_zpsp8wmbrsf.jpeg

Here's some what I got nocked up of a old Carpinter insulated floors walls and lid was minus 10 the other day and they was lovely and warm when you lift the lid

Look ok, cant see the OSB lasting long though :thumbs:

image_zpse07ff5m9.jpegimage_zpscl5bufkt.jpegimage_zpsp8wmbrsf.jpeg

Look ok, cant see the OSB lasting long though :thumbs:

Shuld last a while mate the boxes are indoors dry and warm the dogs enter threw a hole in the wall only thing what chuld f**k them is if the chew the insides but it's been 6 months and they not started chewing yet :-)