Bedlington X Greyhound

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bed/grey..x b/g..w/g. Two in hand both single handed, on floor another mans catch. Always thought a beddy base was spot on for the bashing , free running with the tykes , quite often took their

Beddy greyhound 16 months old and doing ok so far had a couple not done a great deal with him still young 26tts

Im pleased you think so but the ones ive seen and got have plenty of drive and gameness,but you are welcome to your opinion.

Posted Images

Decent dog spud x whippet greyhound, good drive, nose, bit headstrong at first but settled down.

I like to see the different perspective between what i perceive to see to be a good-un and what someone else perceives.Im not for one minute Knocking you mucker yet i never rated Hoskers spud or its Red understudy sapling.Again what some may seem to be a relative hunting lifestyle may not suit another,i had little to connect me to Hoskers hunting lifestyle and his Spud Ego,what i offered him pissed him off, an honest bitch that never stopped and i would not line to his 4th rate beddy lurcher,ive had Beddys since and still would never own a Beddy lurcher,again.Id still never own another honest terrier without Beddy in the mix,unless it was a Lakey,geez here we go again

• Like 1

yet to see a [BANNED TEXT] good one an allrounder saw two who killed rabbits well and fox they worked as a team but i think both were capable , one through lite, other heavy , decent dogs ,but for the two i saw ive saw several not capable of being allrounders , on hare roe rabbit fox , single handed , i think its a look people go for , no doubt there some good ones , but be far and few , i remember a few freinds went to see hosker , he tried a fly move over a pup , to sell , it wasnt a beddie cross but swore it was , by the by he wrote a good story but a few mates who live local got them they yipped on hares , hard headed and hard mouthed , so were not that good ,, first beddie cross i saw was 83 when bred to the deerhoundy type we had through some [BANNED TEXT] good pups , but to much a mix but it did work out for that lineing ,

I owned a monster of a first x Bedlington/Greyhound (Gutchcommon) in the early 90s.This dog would dismantle foxes and in numbers,ran him on all the Deer species even taking Red hinds occaisonaly and killed his last Fallow at 11 years old,he only stood at 24".Whenever you switched the lamp on it didnt matter what was at the end of the beam you knew he was going to have it. Bred him a couple of times but he never produced anything like himself ,a true one off kind of dog that always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. Still got some good photos and good memories of this dog .Had to get him pts at 14 and gutted wasnt the word .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

:hmm:I walked out with Spud,...I found him to be a nice enough jukel,...a bit on the excitable side, as some Beddies so often are... I remember the dog with some fondness,..(he was a typical example, of a rough and ready, rabbit dog) and whilst he enjoyed success on the Dales, I personally doubted that he was suitable, for the style of woodland hunting that I was doing back home.

When a pro rabbiter from Burnley, used Spud across his own very capable Collie lurcher, I came up and purchased a dog pup from the union...The youngster was, in my opinion,..physically superior to his Sire,..and I caught a lot of difficult rabbits (and stuff)....with him...but,.he was hard work.

I enjoyed owning this Bedlington based lurcher,.he was always up for a hunt and gave me years of fun....I trained him, to retrieve to hand at an early age and this trait stayed with him to the end.

As the Cattle Dog lurcher project started to take over my life,..I gave the dog to a good pal...

He ran him on the Downs for several more years,....and always remarked that it was the best dog he had ever owned....

Good old days,.... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 7

I owned a monster of a first x Bedlington/Greyhound (Gutchcommon) in the early 90s.This dog would dismantle foxes and in numbers,ran him on all the Deer species even taking Red hinds occaisonaly and killed his last Fallow at 11 years old,he only stood at 24".Whenever you switched the lamp on it didnt matter what was at the end of the beam you knew he was going to have it. Bred him a couple of times but he never produced anything like himself ,a true one off kind of dog that always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. Still got some good photos and good memories of this dog .Had to get him pts at 14 and gutted wasnt the word .

lets have a look then :thumbs:

Decent dog spud x whippet greyhound, good drive, nose, bit headstrong at first but settled down.

I like to see the different perspective between what i perceive to see to be a good-un and what someone else perceives.Im not for one minute Knocking you mucker yet i never rated Hoskers spud or its Red understudy sapling.Again what some may seem to be a relative hunting lifestyle may not suit another,i had little to connect me to Hoskers hunting lifestyle and his Spud Ego,what i offered him pissed him off, an honest bitch that never stopped and i would not line to his 4th rate beddy lurcher,ive had Beddys since and still would never own a Beddy lurcher,again.Id still never own another honest terrier without Beddy in the mix,unless it was a Lakey,geez here we go again

Did you see the dog work

You have pm .

You have pm .

:thumbs: