• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#31 rob284

rob284

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:02 pm

There's a reason how they don't get bred mate, there as soft as shit, and before you ask ave had a bit of experience with beddy crosses, two first crosses, grey/bed/whip, 3/8 bed 5/8 grey, grey/bull/bed, grey/bull/bed/whip, and trust me without a bit of bull blood there pussy's :yes:

maybe because it was the wrong beddy used in the breeding of your dogs. They definitely not soft.
  • csd_88 likes this

#32 Wideboy

Wideboy

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 973 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:14 pm

I had a very good beddy whippet grey that flew into charlie when it was legal. A very good dog but Im afraid a well bred bullx is on another level way above.

Different dogs for different jobs mate you get a well bred beddygreyhound an it will be much better ferretin/bunny dog than a bull x atb mate

Brave statement, how do you figure this, unbelievable some of the poo that's posted on this site. 

• Marvel likes this

#33 lurchers

lurchers

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:50 pm

There's a reason how they don't get bred mate, there as soft as shit, and before you ask ave had a bit of experience with beddy crosses, two first crosses, grey/bed/whip, 3/8 bed 5/8 grey, grey/bull/bed, grey/bull/bed/whip, and trust me without a bit of bull blood there pussy's :yes:

maybe because it was the wrong beddy used in the breeding of your dogs. They definitely not soft.

He has/had a pup out the same litter as northernlite and my stepsons and tanks and they are all doing spoton so i dont know what he has done to make is 5/8 3/8 the way it is.😏😏

#34 jeemes

jeemes

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:55 pm

I had a very good beddy whippet grey that flew into charlie when it was legal. A very good dog but Im afraid a well bred bullx is on another level way above.

Different dogs for different jobs mate you get a well bred beddygreyhound an it will be much better ferretin/bunny dog than a bull x atb mate

how much experience have you got ferreting with bullxs because Ive found most of them love the job and put everything into the job as they do with most things..I should also add that the beddy cross I had was not that keen on rabbiting but did love Charlie...

• green dragon likes this

#35 green dragon

green dragon

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:23 pm

I dont have much ferretING experience but to be honest I thort a 24 inch beddygreyhound would be better than a 28inch 1st x bull greyhound it was just my opinion mate gess I was wrong lol

#36 Wales1234

Wales1234

2013 THL charity fishing competition: match winner

• Donator
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:55 pm

I dont have much ferretING experience but to be honest I thort a 24 inch beddygreyhound would be better than a 28inch 1st x bull greyhound it was just my opinion mate gess I was wrong lol

Not all first cross bull greyhounds are 28tts my bitch is 3/8 5/8 towards the bull and has surprised many of lads with the way she works rabbits seen her pick 26 up in a night and she's not exactly light and at the same time seen dogs built for the rabbiting game not being able to catch a rabbit in a phone box every dog is different
  • terryd and Flacko like this

#37 morton

morton

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:21 pm

I believe a 23" Beddy/Grey would serve far more purpose as a general ratch about mooching companion than any Bull x,as others have mentioned,"horses for courses" edible quarry and the Beddy lurcher is a far superior mutt to its Bull x cousin,at times both types throw a massive spanner in the works.

• blackmaggie likes this

#38 jeemes

jeemes

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:19 pm

If a firstx bull is 28tts he as thrown to the greyhound. Best not to get yourself a set of fixed ideas about dogs.

#39 green dragon

green dragon

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:29 pm

It was just an example. My bull x is 25 26 inch

#40 jeemes

jeemes

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:37 pm

is that a firstx? Ive had some 22 around 45lb very good catchers. I dont like these 28" ones.Ive had them but tire too quick and get injured too often.

• hjckcff likes this

#41 green dragon

green dragon

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:47 pm

No I'm not to sure on % but theres a tiny bit of collie 9 months old so his still got a bit to go nice racey type you should see him go on the beach he's go a set of lungs on him

#42 Falconer77

Falconer77

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:22 am

Edited by Falconer77, 18 January 2016 - 08:56 pm.

#43 hjckcff

hjckcff

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:02 pm

the wheaten x. is the new beddyx. i had a little beddie whippet many years ago that would face anything. he even went to ground and sorted a fox out that was behind a ledge and had bettered a good terrier. cracking little tyke. never seen the likes of him before or since. my biggest regret is not putting him to a grehound bitch i had at the time. 

#44 fluff

fluff

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:53 pm

beddies were eighties dogs befor the wheatonsand  bull crosses came along ,some of the early dogs we had 83  had beddie in them fast and agile but no big shakes on hares ,but  tried ,but when bred to the deerhoundy dogs the produced a better dog , the minute they started taking out the old hedges and cover and made fifty acre feilds into a hundred we had to get a diffrent dog , beddies etc all went , more deerhound colie type ,

saw rambo he was apure beddie he produced some good dogs , some came up here they were decent but ,worked as a team pretty lethal,but not big dogs 24 at most ,but good dogs ,but forget hares on open land , but rabbiting , foxing paired they were fine and one done them singly , good dogs , lamped roe with them on the large arable feilds but lacked the gears to o them down more of a long chase and they were a bit rough on  them , but for rabbiting odd fox were fine 

#45 Falconer77

Falconer77

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:06 pm

Edited by Falconer77, 18 January 2016 - 08:56 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users