Bedlington X Greyhound

The beddy x greyhounds are out there you just have to keep looking , I drove from Leeds to Glasgow for my beddy greyhound pup 15 month old now coming on well, had a beddy greyhound bitch very game an never give in she was killed on road, have an old beddy whippet retired now he was game in his day to.

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bed/grey..x b/g..w/g. Two in hand both single handed, on floor another mans catch. Always thought a beddy base was spot on for the bashing , free running with the tykes , quite often took their

Beddy greyhound 16 months old and doing ok so far had a couple not done a great deal with him still young 26tts

Im pleased you think so but the ones ive seen and got have plenty of drive and gameness,but you are welcome to your opinion.

Posted Images

theres a bloke on here Topper who works his beddys under ground. Thats where the beddy blood should be coming from to start a line and not just names. I dont know topper but hes the kind of bloke i would be seeking,but then a lot of you just winge because you cant find pups for sale instead of breeding for yourself.

I thought bedlington terrier was added ,generally , to make a tougher dog?

They USED to be the choice for a foxing lurcher.

If they ain't all that any more why add the blood?

Especially for just for rabbits .

Genuine question BTW not knocking people's dogs.

There's a reason how they don't get bred mate, there as soft as shit, and before you ask ave had a bit of experience with beddy crosses, two first crosses, grey/bed/whip, 3/8 bed 5/8 grey, grey/bull/bed, grey/bull/bed/whip, and trust me without a bit of bull blood there pussy's :yes:

I don't doubt your experience with them but I have only seen my dad's work and he is the exact opposite of what you describe is a tough cookie, obviously not the physicality of a bull x but definitely can't fault his drive and certainly not soft in any way shape or form atb

Edited by matt1979
  • Like 1

My son is running one at the minute can't fault it first cross very good terrier man dog and good round cover coat a bit linty but dog is very game only first full season so another couple needed to makesure he still has the minerals had to buy a chain for him to use outside earth's any thing else and within seconds he will be standing next to you when you are digging wanting to get in lol

• Like 3

I'm only interested in Rabbits to be fair. Lamping / ferreting. Should be okay for Rabs no doubt?! Need something to join my ped whippet

Put a beddiexgrey over your whippet mate,it will bring the size up you get the pick of the litter of what you want then the rest should go to decent homes mate.i think that what i would be doing if your whippet is working ok and you are getting what breed you are after.atb

• Like 2

I love a bedlington blooded lurcher.

I had a bedlington whippet which hunted everything I put in front of him in the country try and Europe.

His only failing was a lack of size. I now have a bedlington whippet x bedlington greyhound prospect in kennels. I hope the greyhound blood will bring the size up a d give this one the necessary speed. Time will tell...

• Like 3

I mentioned earlier...years ago bedlinton cross lurcher used to be the choice for a fox catching lurcher ,is this no longer the case?if of course it was legal.

Or are they just a shadow of what they used to be ? And bred for the "old style " lurcher look (devil's advocate)

• Like 1

I mentioned earlier...years ago bedlinton cross lurcher used to be the choice for a fox catching lurcher ,is this no longer the case?if of course it was legal.

Or are they just a shadow of what they used to be ? And bred for the "old style " lurcher look (devil's advocate)

Might of been down where you live mate but up north it was always deerhoundxgreyhound now over the years everybody is just seeing bullx or salukix its the in thing now i think.but never in my kennels but like i said on here a few weeks ago when these dogs ive got now are gone they wont be getting replaced.