Favorite Lure Of All Time

Used to go from the fishermans in Bingley all the way to dockfield, same as you I would expect a few jacks atleast with a good chance of a bigger fish, not done it for a while though now

Those where the days eh! when we both had more time?

Recently at a wedding I did my best mans speech and during it mentioned how he has always had good luck and brought up the time I took him lure fishing for his first time. I showed him how to set his rod up and tie his lure on etc and when I turned round to set my own up he shouted im in!

I thaught after just one cast he was snagged but after turning round to look he was into one of the biggest canal pike I have ever seen, on his first cast. After a battle walking up and down the canal with it we guessed near 20 lbs. As a surprise for him I sent the pic to improve your course fishing and they put his pic in the magazine!

He is a member on here too and called mattybugeye, and this fish was also caught on a red big s.

Yes those were the days was well chuffed lol

• Like 3

For out and out piking ive got 3 favourites , musky mania squirrely burts , ERC hellhounds and dawgs . For ultralighting kopytos take some beating

are they rubber lures?

The dawgs (bulldawgs) and kopytos are but the hellhounds are 6-10inch solid resin glidebaits and the squirrely burts are 11 inch plastic pull baits with a short rubber tail

• Like 2

The big S plugs are definitely worth having, I found my most successful one was in a perch colour. But if I was going to go out and buy some lures now, I would get some of those rubber bulldawg lures. But for sheer good fun, you would have to add some topwater poppers and the heddon crazy crawlers. When a pike comes up to take one of those, it really can almost give you a heart attack, and I have honestly seen them glide across the top of the water similar to how a shark would. They do work better in the summer and when the water is flat calm. Silver and copper spinners can also work when nothing else will, and I have also had good results with a Kuusamo Professor in copper.

You have made me want to go and dig out all my old lures now.

Mepps/ondex spinners will always get chucked on every trip, had plenty on em aswell as the 's' series too.

Using a few savage jointed things at the moment and had a few......

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.... I've succumbed too many times!

Matt

im no pike fisherman but have a go each season with the lures the one i have had most success with is the grandma lure which i got from harris angling many moons ago other than that the plain old copper or silver spoon has worked for me.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...