Handstand Pushups

Go to solution Solved by gnasher16,

This is directed at the lads that do a bit of bodybuilding.

At times through the year I have periods of 3 to 4 weeks away from my weights, wothout the option of going to a gym. It really pisses me off because it always seems to be as I am making progress.

I try to do as much bodyweight exercise as I can during these periods, one thing I do is handstand pushups.

The trouble I have is I can only do sets of five, not because of fatigue but because it feels like my head is going to explode. The backs of my eyes itch like f**k and my ears ring when I am upside down for that long.

Does anybody else get that? Is it a technique thing?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I used to do handstand push ups I always got a bleeding nose .......                                         My knob used to roll down and smack me in the nose ........

Wide grip is chest....close grip is predominantly a triceps exercise.   Why anybody with access to a barbell would f**k about doing hand stand press ups is beyond me its a prison cell exercise.

What an idiot !.......its a rounded cast metal thing that makes a ding - a - ling noise kept in a public house used to announce that its time to go home !   Some people just havent lived !

When I used to do handstand push ups I always got a bleeding nose .......

My knob used to roll down and smack me in the nose ........

• Like 8

Any advice for stairs pal other than keep going haha, I'm getting into this fitness malarkey but not into weights or nowt so I do run up stairs and use bag and do body weight excersozes, I only do stairs as it's convenient but would like to know more about doing it

Have you EVER been fit don LOL

• Like 1

Any advice for stairs pal other than keep going haha, I'm getting into this fitness malarkey but not into weights or nowt so I do run up stairs and use bag and do body weight excersozes, I only do stairs as it's convenient but would like to know more about doing it

To work a full range of muscles and work your cardio you need to alternate the stair running mate ... Do it in sets first set normal run up the stairs ... Second set put both feet on each stair as you run up and third set run up every other stair .......

• Like 1

Used to be able to do 4/5.

When I started the gym work I never tried them for some reason. I got much better at push ups so I'm guessing I could have banged out a few.

I'm in the process of building a gym so it's something I can practice.

Used to be able to do 4/5.

When I started the gym work I never tried them for some reason. I got much better at push ups so I'm guessing I could have banged out a few.

I'm in the process of building a gym so it's something I can practice.

Press ups use mainly chest muscles ... Hand stand press ups use mainly shoulder muscles ......

• Like 1

Press ups use mainly chest muscles ... Hand stand press ups use mainly shoulder muscles ......

Wide grip is chest....close grip is predominantly a triceps exercise.

Why anybody with access to a barbell would f**k about doing hand stand press ups is beyond me its a prison cell exercise.

• Like 5

Why anybody with access to a barbell would f**k about doing hand stand press ups is beyond me its a prison cell exercise.

Yeah I know that mate I was just illustrating to lab that just because you can do press ups it doesn't mean you can do hand stand press ups ......

What's a barbel? A little one handed weight? Sorry for stupid questions? But are they much better than using own body weight?

What an idiot !.......its a rounded cast metal thing that makes a ding - a - ling noise kept in a public house used to announce that its time to go home !

Some people just havent lived !

• Like 4

That's the problem, when I am away I don't have access to a barbell.

The free weight or the fish.