Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:33 pm

Very good

#17 simononeill93

simononeill93

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:28 pm

Hi Kay,great film.that is where I go shooting now. Not a lot has changed,in fact the old steel gate and railings are still there held up with string. Bird came a walk down that track with me and dog year before last. The poacher in the film was a local called John smith from mile oak,used to live with his brother and sister there,until he got married and moved to hints.all dead now I'm afraid.The two boys in the film were from the Gibson family,don't know there names. And the school teacher was a Mrs smith,no relation to the poacher. Thanks again Simon.
  • bigmac 97kt likes this

#18 keepitcovert

keepitcovert

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:34 pm

Great little film reminded me of brendan chase, denys watkins pritchard, BB was his  pen name wonder if its any relative of his that produced the film reminded me of my early years. Mind you i had a better catapult, that looks more like the forked sticks we caught grass snakes with.

• Kay likes this

#19 cragman

cragman

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:46 am

Wonderful short clip, really enjoyed it. For many on here almost a mirror image of how we got started, minus the long trousers in my case! 😉

#20 Kay

Kay

Wishing Her Photos Were Fuzzy

• Donator
  • 22,983 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:14 pm

Hi Kay,great film.that is where I go shooting now. Not a lot has changed,in fact the old steel gate and railings are still there held up with string. Bird came a walk down that track with me and dog year before last. The poacher in the film was a local called John smith from mile oak,used to live with his brother and sister there,until he got married and moved to hints.all dead now I'm afraid.The two boys in the film were from the Gibson family,don't know there names. And the school teacher was a Mrs smith,no relation to the poacher. Thanks again Simon.

Can I please pass this info on to Brownhills Bob who did the piece in the first place on his blog ... I have another bit of poacher info from a couple of lads who saw the video & they contacted Bob I will post it in a min 

#21 simononeill93

simononeill93

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:47 pm

Sorry kay, been without internet due to fault at exchange.I have been in touch with him by phone.thanks simon

#22 Kay

Kay

Wishing Her Photos Were Fuzzy

• Donator
  • 22,983 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:51 pm

Sorry kay, been without internet due to fault at exchange.I have been in touch with him by phone.thanks simon

:thumbs:

#23 Flacko

Flacko

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:41 am

Enjoyed that Kay used go do a bit of digging brownhills way atb Flacko

#24 stevo79

stevo79

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:14 pm

Brilliant, I'd love to of been about then.
Thanks for sharing👍

#25 Navek

Navek

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:47 pm

scroll down the page .... theres a 20 min film shot in the 50's its lovely  :thumbs:

http://brownhillsbob...10/the-poacher/

Brings back some memory's that does Kay. Can remember the story's my mum and man used to tell me as a kid about my grandad who used keep his ferret in his inside coat pocket..my nan said he had her sew a large pocket either side for his Jill...he was a alcoholic so any money he made was spent on booze and tobacco so they made do with what he could catch....they also had a whippet type dog but said it died young as it was forever hating fences ....

#26 mel b

mel b

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 06:57 am

What a lovely video , thankyou for posting it.
As has already been said , its probably similar to the way that a lot of us here got started.

#27 harvey88

harvey88

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:12 pm

Good watch

#28 rippem

rippem

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:39 am

Kay, thanks for sharing that video. I was having a bad day today and that video changed my day..i thank you!!

#29 j j m

j j m

No2 on the Thl welcoming committee.

• Donator
  • 19,455 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:53 pm

a good watch

#30 Silversnake

Silversnake

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:43 am

Brilliant film and looks like a beautiful place too. Thanks for sharing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users