The Poachers Apprentice

Kay

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

scroll down the page .... theres a 20 min film shot in the 50's its lovely   http://brownhillsbob.com/2016/01/10/the-poacher/

I thought some of you would appreciate it... I did

Hi Kay,great film.that is where I go shooting now. Not a lot has changed,in fact the old steel gate and railings are still there held up with string. Bird came a walk down that track with me and dog y

Hi Kay,great film.that is where I go shooting now. Not a lot has changed,in fact the old steel gate and railings are still there held up with string. Bird came a walk down that track with me and dog year before last. The poacher in the film was a local called John smith from mile oak,used to live with his brother and sister there,until he got married and moved to hints.all dead now I'm afraid.The two boys in the film were from the Gibson family,don't know there names. And the school teacher was a Mrs smith,no relation to the poacher. Thanks again Simon.

• Like 1

Great little film reminded me of brendan chase, denys watkins pritchard, BB was his pen name wonder if its any relative of his that produced the film reminded me of my early years. Mind you i had a better catapult, that looks more like the forked sticks we caught grass snakes with.

• Like 1

Hi Kay,great film.that is where I go shooting now. Not a lot has changed,in fact the old steel gate and railings are still there held up with string. Bird came a walk down that track with me and dog year before last. The poacher in the film was a local called John smith from mile oak,used to live with his brother and sister there,until he got married and moved to hints.all dead now I'm afraid.The two boys in the film were from the Gibson family,don't know there names. And the school teacher was a Mrs smith,no relation to the poacher. Thanks again Simon.

Can I please pass this info on to Brownhills Bob who did the piece in the first place on his blog ... I have another bit of poacher info from a couple of lads who saw the video & they contacted Bob I will post it in a min

• 2 weeks later...

scroll down the page .... theres a 20 min film shot in the 50's its lovely :thumbs:

http://brownhillsbob.com/2016/01/10/the-poacher/

Brings back some memory's that does Kay. Can remember the story's my mum and man used to tell me as a kid about my grandad who used keep his ferret in his inside coat pocket..my nan said he had her sew a large pocket either side for his Jill...he was a alcoholic so any money he made was spent on booze and tobacco so they made do with what he could catch....they also had a whippet type dog but said it died young as it was forever hating fences ....

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...