Shit Me Up

have any of you lot had anything ever give you a scare on night out talking anything quarry a noice anything ??

Had one other day slipped dog on a rabbit but during the run he spooked a fallow the thing came running straight at me I'm talking dead at me I thought that was it I moved and thankfully it didn't and ran just passed me and straight into a big bush and bounced straight back of it lol but just gave me a fright if it woulda hit me I'd of been f****d middle of nowhere left phone in car .

Another one I remember was walking through a spindle at night tryna push anything out other side and a muntjac barked the thing must been 10 yards from me shit me right up

• Like 3

The very first deer I ever seen on the lamp was a 12 or 14 pointer Red and he was facing me as I walked in to the first field of the night.

I was used to seeing deer but this night all I seen was a pair of legs, two eyes and a set of antlers about 50 feet in front of me. I thought it was Beelzebub I was looking at.

It even took my lurcher a minute to register.

Mind you, I seen a gang lying in a hayshed casing a wealthy man's house one night and as one of them followed me I was a bit more worried about that than the Red Stag.

• Like 3

took a lot of pheasants from a very well known estate down here over 30 years ago,I was chased twice and the dog shot at,but escaped everytime.well this morning at 6 a.m. i turned down to a corner of the field and walked straight into the land stewart,by f**k did i shit meself,18 yrs old and he late 40's big strapping man,not a word said,hit me straight into the gob with the butt of his shotty,busted me open,blood all over the shop,made an attempt to get up and give him a box..........he hit me again and that was me done,fuk me he slapped 7 kinds of shit out of me,thankfully I left the dog behind cause i knew hed shoot him if he got the chance,I staggered home with the rifle and a black eye,busted lips soaked in blood,no car then,walked the 6 miles home cross country,course when I got near home I had to hit the road as I ran out of fields to travel on....went back one more time a few weeks later just to leave him know i wasnt happy but i decided never to go back again after that cause I think he would have finished me off lol..he came down looking to find me agin in the area where I lived but we never crossed paths again thank fuk.In fairness to him though he didnt call the cops,he just dished out his own punishment for taking a lot of pheasants from him.Looking back,it was pointless and stupid on my behalf but them bloody poaching stories went to me head.............literally :D

• Like 14

It was all them romantic poaching books ffs,didn't end up like it was written, lol I have a photo of it somewhere, my face that is.the only buzz I got was in my head from the force of the punches he dished out,didn't do it again anywhere for a very long time afterwards

• Like 1

I remember when I was only a kid my dad took me lamping and we was lamping this field next to a private road and out of no were a car pulled up soo my dad got me down on the ground laying down with he's dogs and all I could hear was a women screaming 'no please no !!!!!' By that point my dads running over towards the car to sort it out as he went to jump the fence the car pulled off proper freaked me out as a kid never knew or found out what happened !!!!!

Always remember when i was lamping and i heard the police siren noise and someone on a megaphone shout 'we know where you are your surrounded'. before you know it im swimming across a river and trying like f**k to get the lurcher to cross it as it hates water. I was twitching then.

It was all them romantic poaching books ffs,didn't end up like it was written, lol I have a photo of it somewhere, my face that is.the only buzz I got was in my head from the force of the punches he dished out,didn't do it again anywhere for a very long time afterwards

I know how you felt I once got both barrels smashed straight into my face by feck it hurt I felt like killing the b@stard but I was only 15. Once went back when I was older but he tw@t never made an appearance. Good old days lol

neck deep in a pool with a net just about to hit the sweet spot.....then a white round face come out the reeds stripped line off his reel and started casting for seatrout... so while under water I pulled the 12 meter net in and under my arm and made off downstream like a otter....my arse well and truly fell out

• Like 1

Out lamping, following a fence line round a sharp corner! Got round the corner and flashed the beam, 10ft in front of me was a great black bull staring at me. I jumped out of my skin and made a sharp exit over a muddy field. Absolutely bricked my knickers :-)

Atb

I used to walk some land years ago next to old quarrys full of water , hot land so always on guard. The cut through to get back to my motor was creepy I used to hate it don't know why but only place I've ever been that gave me the willies, anyway walking back through buzzing as my ol dog had been on fire really made up walking through the creepy bit next minute something let a right noise out, a bloody great black horse obviously knew I was there was standing about a foot away and lets out a great stupid noise , I kid you not my heart was in my throat and legged it .. Great frigging thing .

On a different note the amount of people I took down there afterwards to see what there reaction would be all did the same , bit alot funnier when your expecting it