Old Piccys......

Belting thread this JD.. cheers for taking the time out to put those piccys up.. much appreaciated by myself and one or two others i assume

I could look at these pics all day long..

Judging by you're photos... looks as though you you've got the nack of roost shooting.

Can you give me any pointers on the roosting front if you don't mind??

Do you just rock up whenever?

or lay up in the day time and wait for the birds to fly in to roost and pick them off??

Do you, or, can you, use a light on them??

Cloudy night or full moon??

I've got some magpies to moderate...before spring kicks in....

basically: wait for cloud.

Go out and whack em.

despite what the 'old poaching songs say, ignore the moon. :thumbs:

Cant ask for more than that!!

thanks for getting back mate... aplreaciate that ??

bisley... L.R.G .. coming their way!!!

just saying like!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

these was all shot with 2 daystates, iff my memory his right,,,,, 2 days shooting when there was rabbits a round avimore,,

Excuse the quality.An old piccy taken many, many years ago of the hw80, a proper beast of a gun and my first .177. This image was taken in Scotland, in the late 80's, long before I'd heard of PCP's..

Thanks. The Falcons are superb guns, they really are. But, just like with cameras, it is all down to the person behind them. Over the many years I'v hunted with airguns I've bumped into plenty of lad

Posted Images

No torch. It's illegal for a start. And it serves no purpose other than to scare everything.

You can pick out the roosting birds against the pink cloud.

Good advice from someone who looks like he knows what he's doing!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Belting thread this JD.. cheers for taking the time out to put those piccys up.. much appreaciated by myself and one or two others i assume

Judging by you're photos... looks as though you you've got the nack of roost shooting.

or lay up in the day time and wait for the birds to fly in to roost and pick them off??

Go out and whack em.

Thats not how we did it on the estates,we shot open sited and practised pulling up the gun to the shoulder whilst standing directly underneath,when you can pull it up every time without adjustment to align the sites then you are ready for live quarry, you must be stealthy and quiet,took a dog to pin flappers that hit the ground and a lad behind to pick up, took some large numbers this way and yes we were aware of the moon but found the wind as cover was more important,great exciting days, Plucky

Go out and whack em.

Thats not how we did it on the estates,we shot open sited and practised pulling up the gun to the shoulder whilst standing directly underneath,when you can pull it up every time without adjustment to align the sites then you are ready for live quarry, you must be stealthy and quiet,took a dog to pin flappers that hit the ground and a lad behind to pick up, took some large numbers this way and yes we were aware of the moon but found the wind as cover was more important,great exciting days, Plucky

Without cloud you won't see the birds in the trees. If you can't see them then you can't shoot them. Surely?

these was all shot with 2 daystates, iff my memory his right,,,,, 2 days shooting when there was rabbits a round avimore,,

GAZ.jpg

Excellent pic,we used to have permission just north of aviemore,dont know what its like nowadays but used to be heaving back then.

GAZ.jpg

Feck me when i first saw you photo i thought it was a wall until i read your post

then look,d back at the photo and saw it was a wall , a wall of rabbits

thats some shooting lol

what did you use as a bag ,,,,,,,,an 8 wheel scania :laugh:

top class

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

the hole area his crap ,,to what it used to be like,,this place was newtonmore,,,good old days,,

And you wonder why theres no rabbits on it anymore lol

25 YEARS AGO IT WAS LIKE FIGHTING THE ZULU.S LOL THE MORE YOU TOOK THE BETTER THEY BRED,,,THEN THERE WAS NEXT TO NONE,,,VHD OR WHAT EVER TOOK NUM,S IN THE 100000,S

• Like 1