Sign in to follow this  
leslie harold gedge

Only The 1

we went last Thursday to 1 off our splashes we only got the 1 mallard .how do you boys see them in the dark .they was plenty of teal and mallard about just could not see them .we don't like to shoot them when they have landed .and even then with the ripples on the water you could not make them out they was coming in very low tips please

post-47182-0-89263200-1451422770_thumb.jpg

post-47182-0-02892700-1451422887_thumb.jpg

post-47182-0-92560300-1451423016_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That was the same as us the other day les . For what ever reason they was coming in really low . It was only when they took back off you could see them with the back light . Hopefully we'll have a bit of wind tomoz facing into the back light so we can see them coming in .

• Like 1

Not great again tonight 4 mallard . There was only 8 come in . 2 was to high no teal again there's normally loads about but nowt at the min . Weather wasn't the best tonight again though .

• Like 1

Too much water about at the minuite, the duck have a vast choice of where to go. Been feeding my splash for a couple of months and have had a steady stream of mallard off it. Shot 2 days ago and not one to be seen, was almost dark when a few teal turned up and my mate dropped a nice cock bird. 4 more duck came in and curled round, I pipped the teal call and they were silhouetted for a second and 2 fell to my one shot. Picked them up to be surprised by a 1st winter cock wigeon and a hen....well pleased.

• Like 1

My mate shoots one of them gives it some hammer to seems a decent gun . Not a bad price either .

• Like 1

That must be it bell . They've been coming in late on our bit too .

• Like 1

That must be it bell . They've been coming in late on our bit too .

Yes mate, all this flood water the mallard will be hoovering up drowned worms. Once their choice drys up a bit they will return, just keep feeding mate.

Always said shooting wild mallard at dusk on a frosty night is the best shooting you will get.

Edited by jiggy
  • Like 2

Must agree there's a buzz when the silhouette's . Come jinking in it takes some beating .

• Like 2

To me its the whistling of wings and if they will stop with you or carry on to a different pond.

Edited by jiggy
  • Like 3

I was not going to tell anybody but we very nearly sh-- our pants last time we was shooting the splash 2 tuff men very nearly had our arms round each other a funny noise was coming towards us grunting .iwas thinking of putting my gun down and screaming and I think paul k was ready as well .until a bloke got level with us jogging .said he was lost .I think that's why we called it off not the rain .never know what is going to happen or what you will see in this game.both taking torches with us next time lol

• Like 3