Most Accurate 'out The Box' .22 ??

PCP -- HW 100, in any format.

Springer -- TX 200 hc mk 3 - This rifle has just took 1st AND 2nd place in the world field target championships :yes: .

I shoot both of these rifles Domm`and both are utter " tack drivers" but remember i shoot .177 in these rifles.

Saying that,there are some very good shots on this forum using these two guns in .22 giving the same praise to them as i have.

p.s. - scoped up. Good luck with your choice. :thumbs:

Chances are Mark those TX's weren't straight out of the box ?

Aye i know that Davy but was trying to tilt the lads attention towards the TX to consider.

I`m having a right old "love affair" shooting the T Rex topped with a Mamba 3-12x44 (.177 AA fields)

atb

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I practise at every opportunity I get,simples!

Just because you said that you did not need to practice ,I bet most people on here would say practice makes perfect and i still believe in to day doesn't matter how good you think you are , practic

im a bit long in the tooth and have used air rifles since I was a kid & class my self as a good shot but heres the thing if you don't practice loads you wont become a good shot

I didnt realise it would be such a difficult question to answer lol.. oh well merry xmas all..

i know mate, you would have thought you was asking a hard question by the way some have answered you, you asked a very simple question, "whats the best .22 gun (pcp multi shot) straight out of the box" you didnt even mention a spring, and you still get the numpy's telling you about them, anyway, you wont go wrong with a hw100 in what ever version you prefer,i had a air arms s410 carbine in .177 off a guy (he only had it a month or two) which had nothing done to it, so you could say that it was straight out of the box and it was so accurate, pellet on pellet, also i had the bsa ultra se again in .177 and that was very accurate as well, some on here will say, you shouldnt have a pcp until you have got use to a spring air rifle first, and then they will tell you to practice, practice, practice, ive never had to do all this as i'm a natural, i only have to zero it the once and thats it, i can shoot pcp/spring no problem, hope this has answered you easy simple question mate,

Fcuk me you must be the nearest thing to god apart from me

So what you are saying is ,after a year of not shooting a spring gun ,you can shoot a 50 yard 20mm target standing shot ?

In answer to your questions, in which it would appear as though you are trying to trip me up. Firstly, where did I mention I was God? You obviously think you are from your comment. Secondly where did I say that I had a gap of a year between shooting?

The answer to your overall question, after a few pellets I'm on target. Why do you find it so difficult to recognise natural talent? My father is a natural shot and that has passed down to me. Infact its shown in my nephew too. I'm not bragging, I consider myself lucky that I don't have the problems others have.

From a very young age all we had was spring rifles, a PCP wasn't around then. Since the pcp's have come out, yes, its made shooting a rifle easier, so much so I have no need for a spring rifle because the PCP's are so much better. Would you trade a old morris minor for a M3 BMW? Its like everything, as time goes by improvements are made and that makes shooting that much easier. If you have a natural talent for shooting then it only serves to make your life better too.

In the future instead of looking at the negative, make it your New Years resolution to look at the positive, by the way Merry Christmas

Just because you said that you did not need to practice ,I bet most people on here would say practice makes perfect and i still believe in to day doesn't matter how good you think you are , practice is a must in any thing you do in life , not just shooting , my uncle use to shoot for England small bore and he always told me , make that gun your best friend and take it out and shoot it with every spare minuet you have

The first Question was tongue in check but you must of taken it in a different way

I will look at negative and positive at the same time then decided what it should be ,thats the way I tick .

Have your self a very good new year :thumbs:

• Like 4

As with anything new is it not the luck of the draw? All it takes is for a batch of faulty parts the final inspection to be taken on an off day and one ends up with an air rifle that has to be sent back to the factory. If top of the range cars can turn out to be lemons brand new, so can any air rifle. This applies to all products top end or not. And yes you are more than likely to get a good rifle from the top of the range out of the box, but I would not count on it.

Edited by just-A-snap
  • Like 1

Springer -- TX 200 hc mk 3 - This rifle has just took 1st AND 2nd place in the world field target championships :yes: .

I shoot both of these rifles Domm`and both are utter " tack drivers" but remember i shoot .177 in these rifles.

Saying that,there are some very good shots on this forum using these two guns in .22 giving the same praise to them as i have.

Aye i know that Davy but was trying to tilt the lads attention towards the TX to consider.

I`m having a right old "love affair" shooting the T Rex topped with a Mamba 3-12x44 (.177 AA fields)

atb

Lol,I have the exact set up .

Just because you said that you did not need to practice ,I bet most people on here would say practice makes perfect and i still believe in to day doesn't matter how good you think you are , practice is a must in any thing you do in life , not just shooting , my uncle use to shoot for England small bore and he always told me , make that gun your best friend and take it out and shoot it with every spare minuet you have

The first Question was tongue in check but you must of taken it in a different way

I will look at negative and positive at the same time then decided what it should be ,thats the way I tick .

Have your self a very good new year :thumbs:

I practise at every opportunity I get,simples!

• Like 4

As with anything new is it not the luck of the draw? All it takes is for a batch of faulty parts the final inspection to be taken on an off day and one ends up with an air rifle that has to be sent back to the factory. If top of the range cars can turn out to be lemons brand new, so can any air rifle. This applies to all products top end or not. And yes you are more than likely to get a good rifle from the top of the range out of the box, but I would not count on it.

It's pretty much what we would call a Wednesday rifle,or a Friday rifle,lol.

But the sad thing is QC ,most of the manufacturers are slacking on this,going by what I have been hearing.

It's pretty much what we would call a Wednesday rifle,or a Friday rifle,lol.

But the sad thing is QC ,most of the manufacturers are slacking on this,going by what I have been hearing.

It is all to do with saving money, cost cutting, more profits or one more years trading. To loose ones reputation as a manufacture for me would not be worth it, but some parent companies are big enough to withstand almost anything with advertising campaigns. When fatly good are sold knowingly then that is fraud, no ifs or buts. The sad thing is that Manufacturers across the board see us as captive sheep.

All the best Davy

Renos

just-A-snap

Edited by just-A-snap

atb

Have you forgotten Davy ? You put me onto this scope combination with my T Rex mate.

Your a busy lad , i know but thank you for the nudge as this combination is knocking everything over it gets pointed at, - it`s a superb set up.

Davy, i use the HW 100 KT .177 a lot in static hunting shooting through thick spindle/ dense branches (key hole shooting) if you will,- again mate, your thoughts on scope combination for this please ?

atb :good:

atb

• Like 1

I didnt realise it would be such a difficult question to answer lol.. oh well merry xmas all..

i know mate, you would have thought you was asking a hard question by the way some have answered you, you asked a very simple question, "whats the best .22 gun (pcp multi shot) straight out of the box" you didnt even mention a spring, and you still get the numpy's telling you about them, anyway, you wont go wrong with a hw100 in what ever version you prefer,i had a air arms s410 carbine in .177 off a guy (he only had it a month or two) which had nothing done to it, so you could say that it was straight out of the box and it was so accurate, pellet on pellet, also i had the bsa ultra se again in .177 and that was very accurate as well, some on here will say, you shouldnt have a pcp until you have got use to a spring air rifle first, and then they will tell you to practice, practice, practice, ive never had to do all this as i'm a natural, i only have to zero it the once and thats it, i can shoot pcp/spring no problem, hope this has answered you easy simple question mate,

Fcuk me you must be the nearest thing to god apart from me

So what you are saying is ,after a year of not shooting a spring gun ,you can shoot a 50 yard 20mm target standing shot ?

In answer to your questions, in which it would appear as though you are trying to trip me up. Firstly, where did I mention I was God? You obviously think you are from your comment. Secondly where did I say that I had a gap of a year between shooting?

The answer to your overall question, after a few pellets I'm on target. Why do you find it so difficult to recognise natural talent? My father is a natural shot and that has passed down to me. Infact its shown in my nephew too. I'm not bragging, I consider myself lucky that I don't have the problems others have.

From a very young age all we had was spring rifles, a PCP wasn't around then. Since the pcp's have come out, yes, its made shooting a rifle easier, so much so I have no need for a spring rifle because the PCP's are so much better. Would you trade a old morris minor for a M3 BMW? Its like everything, as time goes by improvements are made and that makes shooting that much easier. If you have a natural talent for shooting then it only serves to make your life better too.

In the future instead of looking at the negative, make it your New Years resolution to look at the positive, by the way Merry Christmas

No as you cant use the bmw in winter unless you like to do donuts or dig the back wheels out of the snow

my brother has one and he puts it away in the bad weather and uses a ford ka never gets stuck with it lol

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

atb

Have you forgotten Davy ? You put me onto this scope combination with my T Rex mate.

Your a busy lad , i know but thank you for the nudge as this combination is knocking everything over it gets pointed at, - it`s a superb set up.

Davy, i use the HW 100 KT .177 a lot in static hunting shooting through thick spindle/ dense branches (key hole shooting) if you will,- again mate, your thoughts on scope combination for this please ?

atb :good:

atb

Lol sorry buddy,since turning 50 , Si thinks I am going senial lol.

Another of what you have will do buddy,or a 4-16x50 would give you a fuller view with the 50 objective,making other routes available,which you may not see from a 44 objective ,when static shooting movement needs to be minimal and this will aid in that.plus the higher mag but make sure you have your aim points for desired mag setting.

• Like 1

Most accurate rifle out the box.

WEIHRAUCH HW77 .22.

Most overlooked rifle in favour of the more modern/trendy/fashionable rifles out there.

WEIHRAUCH HW77 .22

Best air rifle you could buy second hand.

WEIRAUCH HW77 .22

A classic masterpiece that only a small number of shooters here will ever get to own and experience, it seems. Comes with open sights or bolt on a scope, zero-up and you're in business.

THE REST IS UP TO YOU. BUT DON'T BLAME A RIFLE LIKE THIS IF YOU DON'T PUT THE WORK IN!

My absolute No1 favourite air rifle I've ever owned. love it!

Simon

• Like 2