Most Accurate 'out The Box' .22 ??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I practise at every opportunity I get,simples!

Just because you said that you did not need to practice ,I bet most people on here would say practice makes perfect and i still believe in to day doesn't matter how good you think you are , practic

im a bit long in the tooth and have used air rifles since I was a kid & class my self as a good shot but heres the thing if you don't practice loads you wont become a good shot

I don't understand the question? As the HW100s is a super accurate air rifle, but has no `iron sights` and only take a scope which is not supplied so would make this an awful rifle accuracy wise straight from the box. What do you mean `most accurate .22 rifle straight from the box` ??

David has hit the nail right on the head :thumbs:

NONE OF THEM ARE GOOD OUT OF THE BOX

pcp or springers

not even open site ones

But put a scope on them and zero them

and zero the open site rifles

then that's another

matter :thumbs:

But how good are you with a rifle is another question as you could have one of the best out there but if your not a good shot you will not hit a barn door ?

Thats when practice comes into it :yes:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

I didnt realise it would be such a difficult question to answer lol.. oh well merry xmas all..

i know mate, you would have thought you was asking a hard question by the way some have answered you, you asked a very simple question, "whats the best .22 gun (pcp multi shot) straight out of the box" you didnt even mention a spring, and you still get the numpy's telling you about them, anyway, you wont go wrong with a hw100 in what ever version you prefer,i had a air arms s410 carbine in .177 off a guy (he only had it a month or two) which had nothing done to it, so you could say that it was straight out of the box and it was so accurate, pellet on pellet, also i had the bsa ultra se again in .177 and that was very accurate as well, some on here will say, you shouldnt have a pcp until you have got use to a spring air rifle first, and then they will tell you to practice, practice, practice, ive never had to do all this as i'm a natural, i only have to zero it the once and thats it, i can shoot pcp/spring no problem, hope this has answered you easy simple question mate,

All or most pcp air rifle are super accurate comes down to range and power for further out distances a firearms rated gun shooting heavier pellets will be more accurate as it's not affected by the elements as much.

I have a 177 hw100 and a fac daystate airwolf on a 40m indoor range they were both shooting one hole groups but outside the 177 was all of the place compared to the 22 don't get me wrong the 177 was accurate but took more time to calculate were the impacted will be as for my 22 airwolf shooting at 37ftlb can shoot eley magnums on the windy days out to 50m with very little deflection from the wind.

So if ur shooting in good condition or inside range a 177 will shoot flatter thus needing less hold over at different ranges.

But it ur out on windy days or just live in a windy area ur best going a bit heavier on the pellets.

My friend just got a brocock and sent it away and had it tuned and a regulator fitted when it came back no difference in accuracy at all yes shot count was up a good bit. As it had a good power curve before the reg was fitted it's hard to notice the difference from before and after.

Great cheap accurate light weight air rifles I see myself getting one at some point

Edited by GEOFF.223
  • Like 1

My 100kt has never had a tune or a service in it's life, it's one of the first 100's with the quick fill, I've had it about 6 or 7 years, can't say how many rabbits it taken, some were around 3000 or 4000 since I bought it, straight from the box. So that's the needs to be tuned bollox busted. :laugh:

• Like 1

PCP -- HW 100, in any format.

Springer -- TX 200 hc mk 3 - This rifle has just took 1st AND 2nd place in the world field target championships :yes: .

I shoot both of these rifles Domm`and both are utter " tack drivers" but remember i shoot .177 in these rifles.

Saying that,there are some very good shots on this forum using these two guns in .22 giving the same praise to them as i have.

p.s. - scoped up. Good luck with your choice. :thumbs:

Chances are Mark those TX's weren't straight out of the box ?

• Like 3

My options the 100 not being one of them . As ive got one.

Mk4is .22

Huntsman regal .22

air arms ultimate sporter .22

fx wildcat .22

You may say there all totally different rifles . Hence the main question ..

So why didn't you say this in the first place ? :hmm:

I didnt realise it would be such a difficult question to answer lol.. oh well merry xmas all..

i know mate, you would have thought you was asking a hard question by the way some have answered you, you asked a very simple question, "whats the best .22 gun (pcp multi shot) straight out of the box" you didnt even mention a spring, and you still get the numpy's telling you about them, anyway, you wont go wrong with a hw100 in what ever version you prefer,i had a air arms s410 carbine in .177 off a guy (he only had it a month or two) which had nothing done to it, so you could say that it was straight out of the box and it was so accurate, pellet on pellet, also i had the bsa ultra se again in .177 and that was very accurate as well, some on here will say, you shouldnt have a pcp until you have got use to a spring air rifle first, and then they will tell you to practice, practice, practice, ive never had to do all this as i'm a natural, i only have to zero it the once and thats it, i can shoot pcp/spring no problem, hope this has answered you easy simple question mate,

Fcuk me you must be the nearest thing to god apart from me

So what you are saying is ,after a year of not shooting a spring gun ,you can shoot a 50 yard 20mm target standing shot ?