If they are for human consumption, then gutted on the field, skinned once home. Anything else i'll do next day.

Buy a cheap box of latex type gloves, like tattooists and mechanics use and a plazzy bag. Gloves on, gut bunnies, leave guts for critters, gloves in bag and home to bin. Gloves again to skin at home.

Dont half save on stinky hands on steering wheel and house. ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little aside. Had 11 rabbits all dressed in the fridge but had left them maybe slightly too long. Took them indoors much to her ire and decided to cut out the fillets. Made a sauce with onion, red chi

350g plain, 225g butter, pinch of salt . Add to blender or mix by hand to bread crumb. Add beaten egg and few table spoon of water to bring together then pop in fridge for bit. We use it for mince pie

On a seperate note what do u lot do with the guts when u do it at home? When ive done it i end up with a stinking bag hanging round till blak bag day which could be up to 13 days away

What are you on about? Human consumption? Of course they are you clown. Why else do what we do?

Because if i'm catching for dog food, ferret food or i'm out with someones dog an it chops em a bit, i aint gonna piss ball about in the field with them you tit!

Trouble being , the lovely one got rid of the deep fat fryer and had one of these new fangled gadgets which only need a tablespoon of oil. Not happy but that's progress.

Get yourself a couple of pound of best beef dripping and a saucepan. Then keep it for yourself. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/346427-cant-get-anyone-to-do-the-rabbits/?do=findComment&comment=4014185

scrumptious. :yes:

TC

Trouble being , the lovely one got rid of the deep fat fryer and had one of these new fangled gadgets which only need a tablespoon of oil. Not happy but that's progress.

Get yourself a couple of pound of best beef dripping and a saucepan. Then keep it for yourself. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/346427-cant-get-anyone-to-do-the-rabbits/?do=findComment&comment=4014185

scrumptious. :yes:

TC

Do you rub the dripping on your chest on a harsh winters night ?
  • Like 1

Took some rabbits to the local butchers. One of the guys asked me to show him how to dress it. Bearing in mind I' d already prepared all of them for the tray. Well, someone had dropped 3 off without paunchIng them so I was able to show him from scratch. To say the least he was stunned, cause when it was his turn, he just couldn't get the hang of it. Embarrassed would be an understatement, however, who was I to explain about an old Buck. The poor lad was mortified, and in front row of his boss. Kind hearted I was and explained all to him. Happy days.

And just for the record, cause I know my mates are reading this, why the fck do I do all the gutting? Am I the only sod with a decent knife? I am the only prick who walks in the pub smelling like a sewer AND the first to buy the beers . LOL.They know I love it really.

Got a dog fridge in shed rabbits go in over nite to cool then gut & skin the nxt day & freeze. all mine go to the dogs. Heads go in seperate bag in freezer dogs get them with skin & ears on. Usually feed heads frozen keeps em busy.